Crippling anxiety

Options
So I have actually realized how much anxiety I suffer on a day to day basis. It feels like I'm going crazy sometimes with so many voices in my head. I don't feel beautiful I don't feel sexy I don't feel worthy. And today for a moment the voices stopped. I just looked at myself in the mirror and took the deepest breath. I smiled at my body, and my strength. I focused on being calm and accepting myself for just a moment. I haven't felt such peace in YEARS. I'm not sure how long this will last... But this is my goal. I want to feel like this everyday and I wish such peace on all of you wonderful beautiful people too.

Replies

• myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    5Diw.gif
  • beehappee09
    beehappee09 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am currently :)
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Also, get your sleep schedule on track.

I TRY to aim for being in bed by midnight, and waking up by 8:45am, but some nights that's not possible.

Keep hydrated, by drinking at LEAST 1/2 your weight in water.

The key is to just take care of yourself.

Mental > Physical
    Mental = Emotional
    Physical < Emotional
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I hope you have many more days like that. You deserve to feel at peace with yourself.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Go get a book on meditation/breathing techniques.
    Do floor stretching exercises for 15 mins every night or Yoga.
    Get a good quality multi with all the B vitamins.
    Tell therapist you need a referral for meds.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    You know after years of 'managing' his anxiety with running, gardening, meditating, gratitude journaling, and general mindfulness my husband broke down and tried a drug therapy. And he's never been happier or more relaxed. It's like a whole new world of possibility opened up when he could stop trying so hard just keep his basic *kitten* together.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Also... Try vitamin D. Helps me.
  • beehappee09
    Options
    That's the main frustration...
    I am very healthy and health conscious, I sleep right hours or more, I run and workout 3-5 times a week and I journal, I drink a lot of water. And I still feel like this. I did try drug therapy last year and my whole world changed. It was amazing. However the drug I was on also made me feel very flat lined in my emotions so I decided to come off it. Perhaps I should look into other therapy. Thank you so much for your thoughts and advice :) I really appreciate it.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Try yoga.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    When you say "voices" I hope you do not mean it literally, or you need to talk to a dr ASAP. Not a therapist, a dr.
    What meds were you on and did your dr agree on you stopping? If you just decided to stop on your own, you need to call your dr for an appointment ASAP.
    No self prescribing supplements, no alternative therapy treatments. You need to discuss what you are feeling with a dr and make a plan together. If the plan does not work, or you have concerns about side effects, discuss them with your dr and do not experiment. I understand it is tempting, but it is very dangerous.
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    scolaris wrote: »
    You know after years of 'managing' his anxiety with running, gardening, meditating, gratitude journaling, and general mindfulness my husband broke down and tried a drug therapy. And he's never been happier or more relaxed. It's like a whole new world of possibility opened up when he could stop trying so hard just keep his basic *kitten* together.

Sounds similar to my son. It got to the point that he sought therapy and started drug therapy. Sometimes an individual requires additional medical intervention with anxiety.
    Glad to hear your hubby is doing better...my son is doing much better too!
  • beehappee09
    Options
    No I don't suffer from that type of mental illness, just an eating disorder. I mean voices as in what most people think I'm a diary basis but mine tend to be very sled deprecating is all, about my body and such. I dont plan on self medicating but I would like to find something that doesn't make me feel so... Numb. I was on Prozac for about three months and I was MUCH less stressed and super productive but according to my friends and family I wasn't the same person at all. And I was very... Not emotional. So o decided to stop that but I am considering other options
  • beehappee09
    Options
    *daily basis
  • beehappee09
    Options
    *self deprecating (my goodness this autocorrect!)
  • DizzyMissIzzy
    DizzyMissIzzy Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    So I have actually realized how much anxiety I suffer on a day to day basis. It feels like I'm going crazy sometimes with so many voices in my head. I don't feel beautiful I don't feel sexy I don't feel worthy. And today for a moment the voices stopped. I just looked at myself in the mirror and took the deepest breath. I smiled at my body, and my strength. I focused on being calm and accepting myself for just a moment. I haven't felt such peace in YEARS. I'm not sure how long this will last... But this is my goal. I want to feel like this everyday and I wish such peace on all of you wonderful beautiful people too.

I actually suffer from awful anxiety mixed with bipolar disorder. I've had plenty of body image and eating problems, possibly related to those. I find that seeing a therapist and taking meds greatly helps, but the best thing for my overall mood and happiness has been working out! I know how devastating and overwhelming it can be to battle internal issues just to get to battle the issues that "normal" people have to deal with regularly. It can be exhausting, but there is a way to lead a very happy and fulfilling life even with the issues we deal with!
  • 1mumrevolution
    1mumrevolution Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Have it too. It stinks.
  • slheddlesten
    slheddlesten Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have crippling anxiety everyday, I hate the feeling like I am having a heart attack every moment and every small movement or noise makes you jump out of your skin. Talk to your Doc about adding in and anti anxiety med, I take Ativan 3 times a day and I function just fine, To be fair I do have other mental illnesses and take 3 other medications.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    After I found out my now X-wife was a lying cheating *kitten*- I had really bad anxiety it is a horrible feeling truly wish you the best..