First day counting. Mother of four with 110 lbs to lose.

Options
Hello!

Just saying hello. It's my first day calorie counting and I have a long road ahead. I have 110 lbs to lose to reach the top of my ideal weight spectrum. I'm 31 years old with four kids 10 and under. I'm hoping to connect with a few people to receive and offer moral support.

I look forward to meeting new people on my weight loss and health journey!

Replies

• lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    You've got this! Follow the process and you'll see the results. Good luck and have a great week.
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you can do this ! I started at 295lbs now down to 232lbs and still going. I am a mother of 5
  • kbenson629
    kbenson629 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My feet, ankles, and back are killing me. Im trying to get myself up to do my first morning walk. Need a boost!
  • xo_laurajane
    xo_laurajane Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    A boost is what I'll give - just ONE walk! Bring some music that you love or an audiobook and just get out there and commit to 20 minutes of walking leisurely. It's a great start!

I just started today, too. I have about 70lbs to lose. I'm also 31 but with only two young boys. :)
  • MindyBruno
    MindyBruno Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Walking is a great way to exercise. I started out at 224, 4"11' at the end of May. I am down to 178.6 now. My goal is to get down to 140 pounds. Walking is my go to exercise. Buy a scale and start weighing your food. Log everything. It really will work. I will send a fr.
  • ReynaM28
    ReynaM28 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm also a mother of 4. They keep me busy but, I still run 30min/day 5 days/week. I set small goals to motivate me. Right now, I'm working out to participate on my best friend's wedding in 2 months. I started by fitting back to my old clothes, as a mother you probably relate that the last person you think of buying clothes it's for you lol. Take small steps to your main goal and soon, you will reach it :)
  • Marvel150
    Marvel150 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    How is it coming along? I was originally thinking about starting something next year, but my doctor told me about this last week so I joined and got the ball rolling.

I turn 49 on January 6, 2017 so I have given myself this next year to lose 167 lbs.

I started last week at 317.8 and I met my short term goal to lose 5 lbs yesterday when I went to my doctor...312.4!

I will weigh again next Monday and have a 7 lb weight loss goal because I plan to exercise more this week than I did last week.

Add me if you want to take this journey together.
  • cdhannabass82
    cdhannabass82 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Add me. I am working on losing 180.
  • Melanie79SO
    Melanie79SO Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am a mother of five. They are 10 and under. My last two are twins and they are finally old enough where I can start focusing more on myself and getting healthy. I've lost 23.5lbs so far and a bit more than half way to my goal. Please feel free to add me.