Scared about my health, making things happen one day at a time.

Options
Hello everyone, I'm 36 yrs old. I'm trying to loose 60lbs. Diagnosed with anxiety and high blood pressure, I've reach the end of my darkest days and I'm ready to make changes one day/one meal/ one workout at a time. Please share any thoughts or words of wisdom if you are in the same spot or feel like you are ready to give and get support from somebody who's in a similar spot.

Replies

• reesefree
    reesefree Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP but I also take meds for anxiety, depression, and HBP. When I started the meds, I put on 40 pounds. The meds got me out of the black hole I was in, but the weight seems impossible to lose. I want to get off of at least one of my meds. I'm hoping that regular exercise will help. I start and then something at work goes haywire and I get off track. This week should be a bit less chaotic at work. Wishing you a good upcoming week.

Reese
  • hady01
    hady01 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Reese,
    Thanks for the heads up, these last 2 weeks I've experienced anxiety attacks for the first time ever and it was horrible. Today was a good day, I'm going back to work tomorrow. Hopefully we will both have a great week ahead and stay on track. Today I went to buy veggies at the farmer's market, so I'm excited about trying out new recipes. :)
  • SimplySharon811
    SimplySharon811 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I can relate, I have suffered from anxiety/panic disorder since I was 18, Im now 30. I was so against meds, but got to a point I just couldnt take the panic anymore. A few years back I started lexapro and was on it for a while. Within 2 weeks I was a new person. I havent had any anxiety/panic since, Im off of it now, but meds did help. My life was at an all time high stress though. Im doing much better now that Ive made some changes. You will too :)
    hady01 wrote: »
    Hello everyone, I'm 36 yrs old. I'm trying to loose 60lbs. Diagnosed with anxiety and high blood pressure, I've reach the end of my darkest days and I'm ready to make changes one day/one meal/ one workout at a time. Please share any thoughts or words of wisdom if you are in the same spot or feel like you are ready to give and get support from somebody who's in a similar spot.

• ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! I also have about 50-60lbs to lose and have had been diagnosed with anxiety/depression. I started having panic attacks back around 2001. Tried a few different medications and ended up on Zoloft. I have been off medications now for at least three years. I still struggle with anxiety from time to time and wonder if I should go back on meds.
  • hady01
    hady01 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi pstmiles, I went to a yoga class. I tried breathing techniques and that seems to help. Reading is always a good move, not necessarily self help books, just read anything that catches your eye. Recently I've decided to organize my music files, because I enjoy listening to music in the mornings & during the day. Just a few tips in case you might want to try them out...