Bacon Cheeseburger Help!

Options
It seems a Bacon Cheeseburger with vegetables and condiments varies wildly from 500 calories to 1000. Is there any way I can figure out how much calories are in a large restaurant bacon cheeseburger? Should be about 8 ounces before it was cooked down. Then 2 strips of bacon and like an ounce or so of cheddar. Also BBQ sauce.

Replies

• shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    add the ingredients individually if the restaurant isn't specifically listed. You have greater control by adding items individually.
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I default to 85/15 hamburger, so just do that at 8 ounces. Eyeball the thickness of the bacon. So thin would be like Oscar Meyer, thick would be like Wright or something. You already gave a guess for the cheese. Barbecue is more nebulous, Just guess about how many tablespoons (probably 1-2), and pick a brand.
  • Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Damn, I hoped you needed help EATING a cheeseburger.

*slinks away sadly*
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    add the ingredients individually if the restaurant isn't specifically listed. You have greater control by adding items individually.

I second this! I do this whenever I'm eating somewhere with no info on the calories.
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    With a bun, 8oz of 80-85% lean beef, cheese and bacon, you're looking at 850+
  • BuddhaB0y
    BuddhaB0y Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    It's one of those meals you have to ask yourself..... Is it worth eating like a pauper for the rest of the day? If so then enjoy it and savour every bite!! Based on my mood today.... I'd eat the burger!!!!
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    My guess would be 1,000 calories. Home made, maybe 500.