Negative calorie adjustment ticked on web version, but iOS says its disabled.

Options
I'm trying to connect myfitnesspal to my fitness tracker. It's all working on a two way data street without issue, except for the negative calorie adjustment.

On the web version I have this setting ticked and it seems to be behaving. However on the iOS app it says it's disabled and needs to be ticked on the website. I've tried to find other posts saying similar, so sorry if I've missed them... Is this a known iOS bug - it does not seem to be mentioned on the MFP page I found highlighting known bugs. If it's not a bug, anyone know how to fix it!

Many thanks

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Which gadget / tracker ?
  • Kayakingtim
    Kayakingtim Posts: 10 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I've tried with a Jawbon UP3 and also a Garmin 235 (both seperatly), using both an iPad and iPhone 6+
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    the ultimate test will be to leave the gadget in a drawer and see if it makes a negative adjustment
  • Kayakingtim
    edited December 2015
    Options
    It's a bug. I checked my wife's MFP app - she has my old Fitbit one and I knew it had all been working fine with the negative adjustment. She has the same problem as I do, it is ticked on the website, but that app is saying that it is disabled. The app is therefore showing like mine, with the positive, rather than negative adjustment. So I emailed MPF support and Bruce replied: "We are aware of the problem and are currently working on a resolution. We hope to have a fix in place as soon as possible."

So it's a wait and see game.
  • rbakedq
    rbakedq Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Display bug. Numbers work out as expected.
  • Kayakingtim
    Options
    So it is. I got caught up on the positive symbol v negative symbol, that I never actually calculated to see if it was all actually working... Thanks for pointing it out... I shall look a bit more carefully next time!
  • solomon81
    solomon81 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Was there ever a fix posted for this issue. I just noticed last night that mine is also showing incorrectly. I know the numbers are correct other than being negative or positive, but at the end of the day it matters. I had 1000 calories left and was told I would gain 5lbs if I kept that up.
  • cborkovi
    cborkovi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It's not working for me either 1 day it does another it shows positive
  • BFA1
    BFA1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just upgraded from an iPhone 4s to an iPhone SE, and MFP on the phone now allows me to track steps from my iPhone. It IS tracking steps, and is making calorie adjustments (positive), but I want to try the negative adjustment. It's turned ON, on the website, and the MFP app tells me that THAT is where I need to turn it on for it to adjust, on the app. But the app says it's OFF ("Negative adjustments are disabled. You can update this setting on our website.")

Confused.