bad eating at work

Options
2»

Replies

• YthansGirl
    YthansGirl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Will try the pre-logging idea. Maybe if I know my food for that day works out correct for calories etc, then I will more keen to stick to it.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I am also a fan of batch cooking. I cook and freeze single serve portions of meals. I have a special hand knitted and felted bag. . . every morning I pack it with baggie of granola, microwaved cinnamon apple slices, 2 slices of precooked bacon, a banana, a frozen lunch (stir fry, pork tenderloin and rice, whatever), a container of steamed veggies, an afternoon snack (string cheese, strawberries, boiled egg, popcorn). The only meal I eat at home is dinner, and that is my lightest meal of the day. I bring that bag every day. All I need is a fridge and a microwave, which my work has.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    There is a lot here. I make healthy whole food smoothies (yogurt, nuts, seeds, kale, berries, banana, water) the night before for breakfast. You could do something similar with cold overnight oatmeal packed with healthy extras like canned pumpkin and a simple seed mix. I cook on weekends, but you could set up and fix 5 salads in a jar. I also take a piece of fruit and some fat free plain yogurt. At work, I take advantage of the coffee (black) and cold filtered water.