First few steps.

GregPh67
GregPh67 Posts: 16 Member
I've already taken a few steps toward changing my life once and for all. At 18 and 299 lbs I knew that I never wanted to see 300 come up on my scale. So I gradually changed when I went to college. I was initially moving around a lot more, eating less, and drinking more water. I eventually got down to 269. And I stayed there for a very long time.

Until a couple of weeks ago I decided to change once again, but I decided to go a lot harder this time. After seeing 271.8 on the scale after thanksgiving I was not happy with where I was, having only lost about 30 pounds in a year. So for the 4th time I put in my old p90x dvd's ID gotten as a gift a couple years back. I am now at 262.6 (last time I weighed myself) and just starting the 3rd week of the program. It may or may not be healthy losing more than 2 pounds a week but I am eating what I can, and I feel like I'm doing this as well as I can. I wish to be in the 250's by the end of this week. It will be the least I've weighed since... I don't know I was 16 maybe. I turn 20 this coming January 21st. This time there's no giving up.

Replies

• rayleigh09
    rayleigh09 Posts: 23 Member
    Giving up is never an option especially since you've already accomplished sooo much.
  • nbradford75
    nbradford75 Posts: 14 Member
    Great job! P90X is not easy. If you're moving and eating well you'll get where you want to go.
  • LimaLine
    LimaLine Posts: 2 Member
    Dude I'm right there with you, I'm 20yo and my max was 312-315lbs and I never want to go back there. And so far so good, now I'm at 245-250lbs but my lowest was 229 and just like you I would go up then down and get stuck at a weight. But that mindset that of never wanting to reach a certain weight is great for you, just lower it. Like I went from not wanting to be 300+ to not wanting to be 260+ that's how I keep myself in check. So if you ever feel like your losing motivation just remember, everyone here is rooting for you and there's someone struggling with you.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Great job dude! Keep it up!
  • caryinboca
    caryinboca Posts: 4 Member
    I dont know you, but i congratulate you and know uf u stay consistant you will get there. You motivate me. Gogogo!
  • carmenf3101
    carmenf3101 Posts: 3 Member
    Congratulations I know how hard it is to lose weight. I was once 250 and got down to 170 but recently gained 20 pounds so I am starting back to tracking food and eating healthy and back to the gym. You are doing a great job keep it up.
  • GregPh67
    GregPh67 Posts: 16 Member
    Thanks for all of the support guys :). It's been nearly a week and I'm at 260.6 now.
  • cthomas1459
    cthomas1459 Posts: 4 Member
    That's awesome! My start weight was around 320 now I'm 290 its a long hard uphill battle that I know I can't stop now! My goals 170 and I'm 28 5-9in