Looking for vegetarian friends

Options
Susieshira
Susieshira Posts: 7 Member
edited December 2015 in Introduce Yourself
I am back after a long absence and am now a vegetarian and I would like some friends in the same boat. I live in the UK for your info.

Replies

• KittyLee99
    KittyLee99 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Not a vegetarian but I am dairy free and am considering vegan. Don't eat much meat but if you are interested I'm here :)
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite a vegetarian, but I'm moving in that direction; I'm more of a flexitarian. I'm eating less and less meat because of the traditional health concerns, and also because I'm concerned with the antibiotics and hormones given to animals. Please fell free to add me as a friend if you would like.
  • xJennifer_x
    xJennifer_x Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm like 90% vegetarian. I eat locally hunted animals, ones that lived in the wild and haven't been in a factory farm, and the occasional seafood. That's only like once a month though so I consider myself a vegetarian. But my diary is open, feel free to add me :smile:
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Being that we're gluten free, red meat free, dairy free, nut free and sugar free, we can't also give up chicken and meat. We eat a lot of vegetables, and I subscribe to The Vegetarian Times, but I don't call myself a flexitarian or kid myself otherwise.
  • Iamnotasenior
    Iamnotasenior Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm a pescatarian (lacto-ovo vegetarian who eats occasional fish and seafood). Would welcome friends for motivation and ideas about vegetarian meals. I'm limited to 1,200 calories a day and it's tough to meet my macros. I'm also trying to motivate my husband who eats meat and hates vegetables and fruit to try some new foods since he has recently been diagnosed with diabetes.
  • maccafan1974
    maccafan1974 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Vegan/Vegetarian in training. I'm hoping to be full vegan, but lots of stuff I don't like(mushrooms, onions, peppers). I welcome friend requests.
  • magicsd
    magicsd Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm pescatarian for 3 years now, feel free to add me.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    Long time vegan bodybuilder here. Howdy and welcome back.
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Not vegetarian, but I eat loads of veggies and veggie dishes.
  • Cylandur
    Cylandur Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm a pescatarian (lacto-ovo vegetarian who eats occasional fish and seafood). Would welcome friends for motivation and ideas about vegetarian meals. I'm limited to 1,200 calories a day and it's tough to meet my macros. I'm also trying to motivate my husband who eats meat and hates vegetables and fruit to try some new foods since he has recently been diagnosed with diabetes.

I am a Pescetarian myself. I eat any kind of seafood, but abstain from eating any other kind of meat; chicken, cow, pig, etc. I also try to stay away from any dairy products. After switching to a primarily vegetable-friendly diet, I feel so much better. My energy is higher than it's ever been and my stamina is like you wouldn't believe. My diet doesn't account for it all, but from 2013 to today I have lost over 50 lbs!
  • Sweep79
    Sweep79 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am a vegetarian.

Is all.

Haha. Will send you a request. Also in the UK.
  • Cass1954
    Cass1954 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Cylandur wrote: »

I am a Pescetarian myself. I eat any kind of seafood, but abstain from eating any other kind of meat; chicken, cow, pig, etc. I also try to stay away from any dairy products. After switching to a primarily vegetable-friendly diet, I feel so much better. My energy is higher than it's ever been and my stamina is like you wouldn't believe. My diet doesn't account for it all, but from 2013 to today I have lost over 50 lbs!

Hello, I am a long time vegetarian, was vegan for a time before I had Bariatric surgery, am back to vegetarian now. My husband is a meat eater but will eat some meatless meals. Add me as a diet buddy if you want. (I'm not sure how to do that)
  • ashley_144000
    ashley_144000 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm trying to be vegan & am looking for vegan/vegetarian friends too! You can add me
  • TrickyDisco
    TrickyDisco Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    Once veggie now vegan and in the UK, you can add me if you like, diary's open to friends.
  • Heather_vaughn
    Heather_vaughn Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies I am not fully vegetarian but cut out red meat pork and 80 percent of diary about a year ago. I'm actually starting to lose focus and get bored add me please let's stay on track together :)
  • jessypug
    jessypug Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegan in the UK! :) feel free to add me
  • Pretty2Petite
    Pretty2Petite Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian trying to go vegan for the new year . Feel free to add me :wink:
  • dieterstein
    dieterstein Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Greetings! Vegetarian for almost 13 years. Getting back to accountability and really focusing on myself and my family.
  • harpethperry
    harpethperry Posts: 2 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian for more than 25 years. I'm not overweight, but would like to lose 15-20 pounds. I've had some success on MFP going solo, but then life intervened and now I'm back to where I started. I'm finding that the community support here really helps, so I'm looking for friends.

Oh, and my husband is a diabetic carnivore and my son is a diabetic vegetarian. Make for interesting Thanksgiving/Christmas dinners, so I can sympathize with iamnotasenior.