consecutive log in days

Options
is it just me? how many people have missed a couple of days (or more) logging into myfitnesspal only to come back to find some of your "friends" deleted you? now, i know you can fix your settings where it isn't displayed for all to see. personally, i'm not changing mine. i've lost 18lbs since january 1st. i want to lose 50lbs by 2012. that was my new years resolution. if i'm too busy to log in all of my foods and exercises, so be it. anyway, i was just wondering if anybody else has felt this way.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I feel I am responsible for me. I don't rely on anyone but myself. If I have a question there are millions of people here to ask.
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Their loss!
  • eglass64
    eglass64 Posts: 180
    Options
    I havent checked, but i know I havent been consistent in the last few weeks.
  • cammons
    cammons Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I haven't noticed that myself, but then again, so far I've only been gone one day at a time here and there. I think some people are hyper focused on surrounding themselves with other hyper focused people....maybe they think that if you've been gone for three or four days you're less focused? I have no idea, my brain isn't wired that way.

As I see it, the people that are gone for long periods (more than just a couple of days) are the ones that really need the warm support of friends when they return, so it would be insane to get rid of someone. Besides, what does it hurt to keep a person on the rolls?
  • Mveler
    Mveler Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I PLAN to be gone a few days as this is the time of year for vacations. I have a family and it is not fair to my children or husband if Mom needs to run log into a computer during our trip. I can handle my own exercise and calorie counting without running to a pc.

I think it is Rude and Wrong for someone to delete you after a few days. If they choose to, their loss.

Simple.

We cannot live life to please anyone other than ourselves and our direct family. If others are pleased, great what a bonus. If they are not... well I won't say where they can go ;)
  • cammons
    cammons Posts: 126 Member
    Options

I think it is Rude and Wrong for someone to delete you after a few days. If they choose to, their loss.

Simple.

We cannot live life to please anyone other than ourselves and our direct family. If others are pleased, great what a bonus. If they are not... well I won't say where they can go ;)

Well said!
  • LaraRN
    LaraRN Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm confused - are you saying that if you don't have time or choose not to log on for a day, your "fitness pals" delete you????

Seems a little over-the-top to me? Consider yourself lucky to be "deleted" if that is their attitude!
  • rosiedoes
    rosiedoes Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I actually removed someone a couple of weeks ago because she expressly stated, "I'm going to start deleting people who don't comment enough and aren't supportive."

I thought, "Lady, get over yourself - we're here for ourselves, not for you!"

Don't concern yourself with it too much - I'd say that it's more about them than it is you.
  • 100poundstogo
    100poundstogo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    you would think when you join these sites they are for support and not someone snatching you off becajuse you do not operate they way they do...just be strong and however it works for each of us lets do it