Help me:)

Options
Hey guys so I'm trying to lose at least 30 pounds. I'm also a mom of two and will be starting school in the evening in January. I have been counting my calories and have completely given up soda and juices(occasionally having my delicious cider I make and also hot chocolate) I'm so frustrated because I gave up my sodas so I go straight to my sugars:( I don't know how to get motivated especially with toddlers. Any advice or help is greatly appreciated. I also once did a challenge with friends and lost twenty pounds the only thing was that someone was telling me exactly what to do everyday. I work best that way but have no money to do personal trainers

Replies

• knolan147
    knolan147 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Giving up pop and sweets of tough! Everything in moderation of a good rule. :). Feel free to add me. Having a busy schedule with kids and school makes it tough to stick to a diet. I'll help you along the way.
  • aliciapastorlecha
    aliciapastorlecha Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I would say go on moderation with sugars. Sometimes if you give up completely it will give you bigger cravings.

Have you tried to workout at home?
    I never thought I would like it, but I have been using beachbody programs very successfully. I have lost 15 pounds and been able to keep my weight off. Now I am working in tonning. I still could loose 5 more pounds but is I don't I am comfortable where I am.
    Let me know if you need any help
  • valdaniels312
    valdaniels312 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I used to love sweet things, especially OJ and found the only way for me was to go cold turkey and give up all sugar as every time I had sugar it just made me crave even more. I was really motivated by the Sugar Movie (made in Australia by the cousin of a friend) and the Jamie Oliver special about sugar, which are both real eye openers and as a nurse I knew the dangers were real - just needed to hear it from someone else.

Now my go-to for a sweet hit is strawberries (and mangoes when in season), which are always in my fridge and are an easy snack (bananas also to it for me too but higher in carbs) I make lots of smoothies using fruit and yoghurt and skim milk that are a much better option than Juices and sweet drinks (that are all sugar and no fibre).

3 months on I do not miss sugar at all and in fact am now unable to eat sweet foods without feeling a little ill, proof that your taste buds will change after a period of time.
  • Masonam22
    Masonam22 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey!

You've already made some positive changes-- that's huge! Motivation is the toughest part of losing weight. Once you have it, seems like nothing can stop you.
    Working out at home is a great option, but sometimes I find it's nice to get out and go to the gym (planet fitness $10/month holla) because seeing other people work out seems to keep me more motivated.
    Meal planning is huge too. If I don't meal plan, I totally go off track.
    I think a good support system is key too. Feel free to add me and we can motivation buddies! I have about 17 lbs to lose (again).
    Amanda
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm also trying to lose about 30lbs. You have taken some great first steps. It isn't easy but all the little things add up.
  • BLBN
    BLBN Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm also a Mom of 2. I work full time and have been struggling to lose weight for years. I'm s bit stuck at the moment bc of an ankle injury I got from a car accident last year. I just had surgery last month. I'm still on crutches and a bit baffled about how I'm ever going to be able to run again.
    All I have control over is food so I'm as clean an eater as I can possibly be but no weight has come off yet.
    All my friends in this app seem to be AWOL! Could use some for motivation!!
  • treebek
    treebek Posts: 261 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I'm a mom of 2 (5 and 3), and I work full time. So far I've lost 20 pounds. I work out at home when I can, but the majority of my loss has come from counting calories and logging EVERYTHING. Plus I gave up pop and wine, my two diet killers.

I also joined a couple of challenges on MFP that were very motivating. One was a team challenge for December that is just ending, but @night_watcher has led a couple of these challenges and she may be doing another one soon. Sounds like it could be right up your alley if you like accountability and team support.