Frustrated about medical issues

Options
It seems that every time i get started good i have to stop or not worry about what i eat for a few days. First it was work stress, got used to that, then it was and old knee injury causing problems. Got some anti- inflammatory for that. Now it seems that i am down completely for a ruptured cyst and they wouldn't even tell me how big it was. I cant even put my hands on my stomach without hurting. I've not been sick in the traditional way (even though i work in a medical clinic and come in contact with those who are sick constantly). So my real question is WHAT do you do to motivate yourself when you cant eat without hurting, cant sleep without hurting, and cant walk across the room? I know something will always come up so i know i cant just stop cause i have to do this for my health (pre- diabetic i'm told) but i'm just a little unmotivated to move on when i just cant move!

Replies

• Obnoxa
    Obnoxa Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I know something will always come up so i know i cant just stop cause i have to do this for my health
    That right there.
    I have ankylosing spondilitis (with some fusion in the second and third lumbar vertabrae), rheumatoid and osteo that, according to last bone scan, collectively affect 83% of the joints in my body. I also have endometriosis, pcos and fibroids. I am in some type of pain more days than I am not. So, I can either be in pain and obese which will exasperate my already existing problems and likely send me to an early grave or I can be in pain while fighting every GD step of the way to look and feel the best I possibly can.
    Is it "motivating" per se? Well, that's perspective I guess but it is the truth so it keeps my head in the game.
    Good luck :)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I have had a flare up of a medical condition due to a stressful situation last month, and the pain I've been feeling is starting to improve. I just do what the doctor says, work hard to take care of myself, and make sure to stay within my calorie goals so I can maintain my weight. My health is number one and I will not do anything to compromise it.

Hang in there, this too shall pass. :)
  • june485
    june485 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think while you actually have a painful physical condition (ruptured cyst), dont focus on what you can't do but on what you can do. We all get laid back from time to time with various complaints and I know it's tough coming back to square one all the time. There is light at the end of the tunnell, focus on food first, take good care of yourself as though you were looking after a loved one!! Keep your spirits up doing whatever it is that relaxes you and makes you feel happy inside. Then once you are well and refreshed to get back into exercise go for it. Good luck!
  • Burtsieboop
    Burtsieboop Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have a chronic pain condition (undiagnosed). For excercise I prefer to just go for a walk with the dogs, even if just for 10 minutes, and if I'm having a bad day, go for a swim and do some aerobic exercise. It's not a full on workout but I've still managed to lose 5kg doing that and eating right. Hope you get better soon.
  • jaxshorrocks
    jaxshorrocks Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel, I have a number of chronic condition which all cause wide spread pain & mobility issues. For me it's graded exercise, that's a little more each day. Rheumatologist recommended swimming (weightless exercise), Pilates & walking. I have no motivation as sometimes just getting up & showering is exhausting & painful, so to do a full day's work & exercise is damn near impossible.