Aria scales to go with fit bit

Options
Has anyone got these? I saw them mentioned elsewhere and they sync with the fit bit when you weigh yourself. I know I can just weigh myself and update but kind of like the idea of them syncing and thinking they may be more accurate. Trouble is they are expensive. Worth it or not?

Replies

• BPCycler
    BPCycler Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've had one for a couple of years. Works fantastic. For me it was worth it, but that's totally subjective. For me, the fewer things I have to manually enter, the better. One thing to keep in mind though is that they work on the wireless B standard. So you'd have to make sure your wireless router/AP support B.
  • amethyst1973
    amethyst1973 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I will think about getting some in the new year.
  • kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Everyone complains about scales being inaccurate, but I have the Aria and just had a DEXA scan done.
    My "just woke up and deyhydrated" (causing a higher reading) BF% and the DEXA scan "4 hours and much food and water later" BF% were only 1.1% off.
    Allowing for the dehydration factor of the first BF%, the Aria is close enough for my needs.

The trick with them is to use them at the same time every day to ensure roughly the same levels of dehydration. They usually recommend between 17:00 and 18:30 each day. Also naked with clean feet contributes to more accurate readings.
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I love my scale, it was totally worth the price.
  • subversive99
    subversive99 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    We love it. Also have it integrated with TrendWeight (www.trendweight.com) where it syncs automatically when I step on it each morning.
  • icemaiden37
    icemaiden37 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    We love it. Also have it integrated with TrendWeight (www.trendweight.com) where it syncs automatically when I step on it each morning.

I do this too!

I bought ours for my husbands birthday in August and we both use it every day.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I never bought one because I heard they can be a bear to set up and I don't have a good enough knowledge of Wifi and what I have to know if it will work.
  • kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    cindytw wrote: »
    I never bought one because I heard they can be a bear to set up and I don't have a good enough knowledge of Wifi and what I have to know if it will work.

They used to be a bear. Mine was broken (no fault of the scale) and the offender replaced it. The set up with the news ones is easy as. Took me about 5 minutes. The first one needed two people.

The scale finds your Wifi and you enter the passcode. Done.
  • azelizabeth
    azelizabeth Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I love my aria scale. The most helpful is the way it gives me a weekly average vs. just looking at daily numbers.
  • LasVegasOrange
    LasVegasOrange Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Love mine too. Had it for just under a year.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    I love my Aria scale! It's not the BF reading I was after... I appreciate the accuracy! I weigh at the same time in the same way everyday and my old scale used to bounce all over, by about 7 lbs. I thought this was 'normal' until I got my Aria & that range tightened up to about 18 oz in either direction. The only time it has deviated from this range is when I've been ill. I love my Aria!
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    cindytw wrote: »

It was indeed a little tricky but only because I had to use my phone to sync it because I don't have a computer with WiFi. If you're using a WiFi enabled computer it is truly very simple.
  • amethyst1973
    amethyst1973 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you. They sound great. Looking forward to getting some in the new year.
  • youdontknowwhatyousaw
    Options
    Love mine, too. It was easy to set up.