Fitness Clothes

Options
susanamussen5307
susanamussen5307 Posts: 12 Member
edited December 2015 in Motivation and Support
Ok I love my fitness clothes! They are my motivation to going to the gym 90% of the time which is probably not a good thing haha. Anyways I'm getting more into lifting, and need to find leggings. Right now I'm obsessed with Airabella Active, but I need more colors. I love Airabella Active because they are a little thicker than most companies much like lulu, and I want nylon so that takes Fabletics out of the equation. Can anyone name some of their favorite fitness clothing companies? Thanks for your help!

Replies

• janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Old navy is good on the cheap and I love Gap's active line. Nike is great too. I tend to buy a lot of my gym wear from consignment stores and have gotten some really awesome pieces.
  • c1ownfishie
    c1ownfishie Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much a Nike and Lululemon girl. I find that their clothes last the longest and are also super cute!!! I have a few pieces from Under Armor, Roxy, and Old Navy as well.
  • sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I'm into Under Armour. Fit is great and last along time.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I love Kate Hudson's line, Fabletics. Also like Prana, especially for yoga and Capezio has some great tops.
  • susanamussen5307
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I like old Navy, I agree it is cheap, but seems to last. Nike is all prints, and once you pull prints on they go so much lighter and almost see through (Especially when you squat!) cause they're printed on white fabric, I've found a lot of times that's what UA is like too. Lulu is just soo expensive, but I do need to look into Roxy I didn't know they had some! I don't like Fabletics because they are sold out of EVERYTHING, and I hate having to remember to skip months. Again I love Lulu, but they hate my wallet! That's why I've gotten so obsessed about Airabella Active too, because they feel almost identical to what i have from lulu, but Airabella Active doesn't carry the same price tag, and always seems to do deals that end up making things cheaper than Fabletics but use what feels like a nicer fabric!
  • susanamussen5307
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas though! I will check out roxy asap! I do need more tops, so i'll check out Capezio as well!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    If I'm not going to wear Lulu I wear RBX. It's cheap but for some reason doesn't feel cheap. They are seriously comfortable leggings and they have some interesting ones at well. I especially like the thick waist bands. Very flattering.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Second RBX, always flatters (I'm bigger on the bottom) no matter what I pick out and can find the nice stuff on sale. They usually have a little key pocket in the pants. Plus it stays nice even if you put your clothing in the dryer.
  • arditarose
    Options
    Second RBX, always flatters (I'm bigger on the bottom) no matter what I pick out and can find the nice stuff on sale. They usually have a little key pocket in the pants. Plus it stays nice even if you put your clothing in the dryer.

Yep. Love the key pocket too. I'm also bigger on the bottom. They have been holding out well and I find that after losing weight, I could still wear these after I need to size down in other brands.
  • summerdaze120
    summerdaze120 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Yup, I am an RBX girl :) love the funky patterns and the waist band. Also the key pocket is handy when I'm running outside.
  • susanamussen5307
    Options
    I feel like everyone has the key pocket now don't they? The brands I have worn and mentioned above all have them.
  • arditarose
    Options
    Yay! The ones in my profile pic are RBX and they are on the wild side for me.
  • susanamussen5307
    Options
    K so i just checked out RBX , and they have some cute leggings, but my struggle is purchasing prints. Even their space dyes are prints, so when you do squats aren't they slightly see through? Airabella Active's are dyed all the way through, and i've noticed a huge difference between that and stuff like nike's. Also I can't see what fabric they are made of, usually when company's do that it's because they use polyester, which is cheaper, and to me far less comfortable. I could be just too picky! haha
  • susanamussen5307
    Options
    For those who have used them I have to know is the fabric thicker? I do like thicker fabric because it seems to hold everything together better, and seems less see through.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    K so i just checked out RBX , and they have some cute leggings, but my struggle is purchasing prints. Even their space dyes are prints, so when you do squats aren't they slightly see through? Airabella Active's are dyed all the way through, and i've noticed a huge difference between that and stuff like nike's. Also I can't see what fabric they are made of, usually when company's do that it's because they use polyester, which is cheaper, and to me far less comfortable. I could be just too picky! haha

I don't have any print bottoms but I do have dark gray ones and they are definitely not see through. I like thicker fabric bottoms too so we have the same taste. Best is to look at the reviews and see what they say for individual items.

I also like 90 degrees, they have thick bottoms in the solids and flattering fit. Stay away from the prints tho, they are the printed on version and look bad when stretched, from what I remember when trying them on in store.
  • arditarose
    Options
    You cannot see through RBX at all.
  • susanamussen5307
    Options
    Ok great thanks girls! I'll have to give them a try!
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I wear stretchy capris, the t-shirt they gave me free at the gym, and sneakers. Maybe as I get thinner I'll get into cute gym clothes! I'm interested. I like cute clothes.