Jawbone & MFP

I have lost my fitbit zip... yet again. It got me to looking at a wrist based tracker, but i work in an office so the fitbit wrist trackers are a bit too athletic looking for work.

The Jawbone UP3 caught my eye as its fairly sleek and would work alright with my work wardrobe. BUT I'm wondering if it still has the same kind of connection with MFP? Will Jawbones calories be overridden when I manually log an exercise in MFP (I'm planning to start using an HRM when working out)?

Replies

• Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    I have an UP2. UP3 was too large on my wrist and is not adjustable by much bc of the resting heart rate sensor. I log my workouts into the UP app, and into MFP. No issues.
  • deebol
    deebol Posts: 24 Member
    I really like the up3 it fits next to my watch and now I'm used to it (took about 2 weeks personally) I don't even notice it.
    You can track workouts through the up app and it feeds into the mfp app seamlessly also if you log food on mfp it feeds into the up app as well.
    In my opinion I'd rather rely on the up to feed in than log because it's tailered to me and it knows how hard my body is working compared to logging because it's generic.
    Good luck my friend has the fitbit hr charge and likes it too. They're both very similar but I have very small wrists and need to look smart for work so the jawbone won for me. Try both on and see what looks best for you.
  • Talan79
    @deebol Have you noticed that if you log weight lifting sessions into UP, and you choose moderate effort or in the zone, both are almost double lifting calories calculated by MFP? I keep reading that weight lifting doesn't burn as much as cardio, but the UP app calculates high.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    I just got my Up3 last week but, I just log my workout through the Up app and the cals come over to mfp in the appropriate amount.
  • Talan79
    @ForeverSunshine09 If you log weightlifting into MFP, it gives you half the calories burned. I'm just curious as to why the UP app has it double MFP.
  • acia90
    acia90 Posts: 74 Member
    Thanks! I actually ended up finding my zip! No need for a replacement now :smile: I will be keeping the jawbone up3 in mind for the next time I lose it or when I decide to upgrade.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    I never really looked at mfp cal burns for anything besides walking. I also don't weightlifting at the moment. I would ask Up customer service. They have an answer for you.
  • Vixyb_
    Vixyb_ Posts: 142 Member
    I have the jawbone up and love it. No problems for me x
  • deebol
    deebol Posts: 24 Member
    edited December 2015
    @Talan79 no sorry I log it through the up and let it decide. I figure it knows my heart rate etc so stick by that.
  • marwanwahbi
    marwanwahbi Posts: 1 Member
    Hello all, just a quick question, do I need to select "negative adjustment" option on myfitnesspal dairy settings? I noticed that if I do, I get negative results though my UP app shows that I have around 500 Calories of active burn. What is the best advice?