Theme parks??

Options
vemaddox
vemaddox Posts: 133 Member
I hope I am putting this in the right forum....On thursday my daughter and I are going to a sea theme park here in orlando and i plan on getting a eat all day plan since we will be there from breakfast to dinner (no joke from like 9am to probably close)...for one its cheaper to do that since we will be there all day and right now she is going through probably a growthspurt since she wants to eat everything insight....I know you walk alot in theme park but any other tips...i dont want this to be a down fall since ive just started this week

Replies

• blueliss26
    blueliss26 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    If I were you I would pack one meal to bring, or at least some healthy snacks. You could overthrow your whole week eating theme park food all day long for one day... Also, a good chance to teach your daughter about moderation and good choices...
  • sccamero
    sccamero Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry when going to a theme park. I went to islands of adventure last month and I ate what I want all day and lost 2 pounds because I was walking everywhere.
  • Julesfame
    Julesfame Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am sure the theme park will have healthy options. You just have to be strong and choose the healthy options. You will feel better and more energized if you shoose healthy.
  • ksmittens
    ksmittens Posts: 65
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it ...you will be exercising by walking and at the end of the day you deserve to enjoy yourself. I would try not to go extremely overboard but eat and enjoy! Maybe take some nuts or something to curb hunger pains but don't stress too much over it!
  • legmotor
    legmotor Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    If I were you I would pack one meal to bring, or at least some healthy snacks. You could overthrow your whole week eating theme park food all day long for one day... Also, a good chance to teach your daughter about moderation and good choices...

I would absolutely pack a meal. Bringing healthy or healthier choices doesn't mean you have to carry it around. Theme parks give you a wristband or stamp and allow you to re-enter the park. Take time out when it makes sense to retreat to the parking lot to your car where you can picnic somewhere shady and enjoy a salad or sandwich.... You get the point. Let this be an opportunity to set those examples and standards going forward that will help you succeed! Good Luck!
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry when going to a theme park. I went to islands of adventure last month and I ate what I want all day and lost 2 pounds because I was walking everywhere.

Within reason, when I went the other day.. yes we got cheese curds with the cheesburger... but we split them. We were only there for 4-5 hours so we didnt have everything in sight. Moderation, still get what you want but consider how you could reduce your calorie intake somewhat. Good luck!
  • roxiedo
    roxiedo Posts: 154
    Options
    Have fun. I would try to make better choices than my usual eating habits, ie if you usually have a double scoop ice cream cone, have one scoop, large fries have small fries. Maybe there will be a choice of a salad for lunch. Lifestyle change - we come across situations like this and just need to make better choices. :flowerforyou:
  • AmyBeth719
    AmyBeth719 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    The park should offer heathly options, like salads (though watch what is on them), fruit, etc. You might want to see if they list their eateries online and it might give you an idea of what they may offer. You could always pack healthy snacks and water. Just look around and decide where to eat based on the options provided. Have fun!! :o)
  • lukeleia4
    lukeleia4 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Sea World has plenty of healthy options. Have a fantastic time!!!! If you choose something unhealthy, just go up and down the stairs in the stadiums a few times. That should help! :)
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    a lot of theme parks now offer healthier choices. can you go to their website and look at menus? you can curb the calories by doing little things like, not getting cheese or mayo on a burger, only eating 1/2 of the bun, splitting a side, drinking water, ect. if they have a grilled chicken sandwich, go for that without the condiments. (ok, maybe catsup. you need SOMETHING!)
    side note (speeking from experiance growing up)- what the other poster said about teaching your daughter good choices is very true. you just want to make sure you arn't giving her a complex when it comes to dieting. i suggest not to ever say around her you are on a DIET. just say you are making better, healthier choices for yourself so you can be the best person and mother you can be!
  • vemaddox
    vemaddox Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I do plan on splitting everything with my daughter since they are much bigger portions than normal.....

my daughter does know that i am trying to make healther choice and working out...she likes to "workout" with me on the wii (she tried coping me...kinda cute)
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I recently spent 4 days at Disneyland. I logged exercise each 12-14 hour day as 8 hours walking at 2 MPH. Sea World (at least the one on this coast) has a lot of healthy choices in their restaurants. Just make good choices.

My honest feelings on this are: You are taking your daughter to a theme park for some fun and relaxation. It's one day. Don't stress out too much over what you're eating. If you don't happen to lose a little weight that day, is it really the end of the world? Seriously, how much damage can you do in a single day? I think it's more important that we enjoy ourselves with the ones we love when we have the chance. Have a great time!!
  • Moriarty_697
    Moriarty_697 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    It's hard to go to a place like that without some indulgences so packing snacks may help. Nuts, cut-up veggies, anything to keep you away from the treats except for meal time. At meal time, treat yourself but keep it smaller than you're used to. Enjoy it. Don't obsess over it. Just know that the next day you are back on the wagon. I've found if I know in advance when the treating ends, it is much easier to stop and get back on track. If I don't set a definite time, then I usually fall victim to any number of convenient excuses or exceptions.

Good luck and have fun.
  • blueliss26
    blueliss26 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Since its the beginning of your journey, I just think that you will be proud of yourself if you have some eating success on this day (really making some different choices than you normally would) and it will encourage you to keep going. I wouldn't want you to feel guilty after each indulgence and end up sabotaging yourself as a result in the days to come. If that makes sense...