How many miles you Run?

Options
How many miles per day or workout do you run?
Do you run with the incline?
What's your time ?
What's your speed?

Replies

• Jesusjohnjames
    Jesusjohnjames Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Currently
    5.0 speed
    2 or 3 miles per hour.
    Incline 0.5-5
  • KathyApplebaum
    KathyApplebaum Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to make myself run on the treadmill. It's outside or nothing. :/

I'm cutting back a bit for the next few weeks, so the runs are 3-4 miles, at 12-13 mins/mile average.
  • Jesusjohnjames
    Options
    Wow that's fast.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Im sidelined right now, but before my injury 2-3 weeks ago, i was running 20-25 miles per week at an 12 minute mile pace when outdoors. When im on a treadmill, its a 10minute mile pace, no incline.

Usually 3 days would be 5 mile runs, and then a long run of 8-12miles.
  • MorningGhost14
    MorningGhost14 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Five days a week, 35-40 miles per week.... outside only
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    3 to 4 times a week. 2 10k, 1 10-14 miles,
    Working on between 5 and six miles per hour
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    2-4 miles about 4 times a week. Intervals/incline some days and straight running with no incline others. Average 10-11 minute miles.
  • Vixyb_
    Vixyb_ Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    5-7 miles around 9 min miles 3 to 4 times a week. I run outside and it's hilly here. 6 miles takes me around 55 mins x
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    11.5 miles this morning. I'll run 3-4 more times this week (3-6 miles depending on the day). Working my way up to 40+ per week (currently averaging 25-30).

I only run on a treadmill when there is no other choice. And then I do it reluctantly, whining the whole time.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    3x/wk 30 min run, 3.5 miles no incline
    2x/wk 40 min run, 4.7 miles no incline
    Saturday is usually outside, 5 miles takes about 43 minutes.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    How many miles per day or workout do you run?
    Do you run with the incline?
    What's your time ?
    What's your speed?

Don't do dreadmills.

At the moment 5 runs per week giving me between 35 and 50 miles per week, long run is currently about 15 miles with midweek longs about 10 miles and speed sessions between 4 and 7 miles..

Generally about a 10 minute mile for most runs.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Anywhere between 2 and 8 miles depending on what lift day, other training, etc. between 7:30 and 8:00 mile pace.
  • patrikc333
    patrikc333 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    80 miles per week, 3 x10k, 3 HM and a >20 miles one
  • Jesusjohnjames
    Options
    patrikc333 wrote: »

Omg I gotta step my game up
  • Jesusjohnjames
    Options
    I want to 6 miles 3 times a week.
  • MorningGhost14
    Options
    patrikc333 wrote: »

Omg I gotta step my game up
    Yeah...no kidding... we all do, compared to @patrikc333... lol... but I would end up killing myself or something valuable would fall off trying to get the miles in he does
  • 1989lukemyers
    1989lukemyers Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I don't belong to a gym... Fitness is free... A study I did when I was at college sorry going of track (no pun instead) was how gyms make money and what was there biggest income... Was The bloody sweet machines at the exit/entrances of the buildings anyways rant over lol

I run in the street I usually do
    Monday- Fast run 2-3 miles
    Wednesday- Steady pace 5-8 miles
    Friday- interval training 2-3 miles

In my running route there is lots of inclines and declines and flats my aim for my fast days is for 6 min miles

But on my steady easy days I run any where from 8-10 min miles just depends how I feel

Running on a running machine and running in the streets is totally different and well in my mind if something becomes easier.. Ie running machine then clearly you'll not working out as much

I no so many people who drive to gyms to then run on a machine... My mind can't handle that lol

Get running on the streets... Never in training go for the easier option and we all do it but do t worry what others are doing compare to yourself and beat yourself

Merry Christmas by the way ❄️
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    5 days a week, currently 46 miles per week with runs of varying lengths from 6 miles to the mid-teens; may do 20 miles next Saturday. Most miles will be at an easy pace, which for me is between 7:45 and 8:30 per mile.

No dreadmills, lots of outdoor running. Next week I'll start doing some speed work on an indoor track. If I hate it, I can always go back to running outside.

The weekly mileage will ramp up to near 70 miles per week during marathon training. Even then, I won't be running as many miles as @patrikc333; but I don't need to compete with a guy who's 5 age groups younger than me.
  • MorningGhost14
    Options
    Shlt, @MobyCarp ... you are way too modest... you sure as hell could give a @patrikc333 a run for his money... even if he COULD be your kid... :)