Need help, motivation, friends....ugh what a process!

Options
I am struggling lately with staying consistent. I always fall off the wagon on the weekend and then it takes a few days to get back on track so I feel like I am only eating right 4 days a week and exercising the same amount, sometimes less. How do you drag yourself out of bed at 6:30am to go for a run? How do you eat right when you are rushed and forgot to make a lunch to bring to work? How do you refrain from devouring a whole bag of smart food when your other half is doing so right next to you?

I am training for a half marathon October 16, 2011 and am in week 4 currently running 45 mins three days and 8 km on Saturday...I should be cross training on my off days but never seem to be able to squeeze it in.

Just looking for friends, suggestions, tips etc. to get back on track and really stick with this.

My current goals include:

30 days logged in a row
Reach 175 lbs by July 16th ( currently 182lbs)
Long term goals...
GW 140-150 lbs
Half marathon in 2hrs
120 days logged

Replies

• sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I know what you mean about the 6:30 wake up call. I have to get up by 5 am and it has gotten tough. Especially the last few weeks when my kids are out of school and they want to stay up until 11. This mom is struggling in the am. But I remind myself that if I don't get up, I will fall back into old habits and I need to keep moving. If I do sleep in one day, I make sure I don't do it two days in a row and I make sure I work out in the afternoon instead. We have a similiar goal, to run a half marathon. Mine is Labor day weekend and my goal will be to finish. Not worried about time. I would be happy to send you early morning reminders, if you would like a friendly push. Good luck to you!
  • angelawilliams29
    angelawilliams29 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Well first off, it looks like you've lost quite a bit of weight already, so congrats on that!! Now, I've found that our attitudes control so much of our lives, and half the time we don't even realize that we're sabotaging our own efforts w/negative self-talk, etc. If you want this badly enough (& not just being "skinny," but being healthy!!), you are going to have to commit. No matter what anyone next to you, around you, or wherever else is doing. This has to be for YOU. You have to make healthier choices, you have to log your intake, you have to get your exercise in, & you have to rest as well. There's no easy way, no quick fix, for lasting results. It must be a complete overhaul in every area of your life. I speak from my own experience, & it's def not a professional one...just an honest response to your post. I know where you're coming from on the person next to you tempting you...I went through that too & I always let the food persuade me to eat it! :P. & on & on the cycle went. I finally got serious about 8 weeks ago & can honestly say it's been the best thing I've done! For myself AND my family!!! & guess what...for the past 2 weeks now, they've eaten everything I have!! At first I was still feeding them what they wanted. I think they were waiting for me to quit again...but I didn't!! So they are totally onboard now too!!! We are eating clean & loving it!!! Soooo, all that to say, be patient, be consistent, persevere...the rewards will come!!! :D. Feel free to add me if you'd like...best of luck on your half marathon!!!! That's an awesome goal!!!!
  • poarche
    poarche Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    the other ladies have some really good points! i am just going to say congrats on such an awesome accomplishment. you have already done something great, now you just have to finish strong and do something amazing! You CAN do it!
  • Jaymefirst
    Jaymefirst Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I am also a weekend fall off the wagon kinda girl!! Then Monday morning I climb on the scale and think well that wasn't worth it!! What I have been doing to make sure I stay focused is PLAN. I figure out what I'm going to eat for the whole day and stick to it as much as possible. Things come up, and we are forced to adjust but if you have a plan, you have a starting point.

Good luck with the marathon, that is on my list every year to finish, maybe this is the year for me...I will keep loggin the miles!! Add me to your friends if you need a kick in the pants every now and again.
    Congrats on your progress so far!!
  • Amberlin
    Amberlin Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support everyone!! I managed to complete my day 1 week 4 run this morning after my post.

It seems so simple. Just do it, get out and run, eat healthy, log your phone. I guess it really does come down to, are you in or out? If you are in, quit making excuses and sabatoging yourself and start everyday fresh as part Of a healthy lifestyle.

I am in! I will do this!!!
  • angelawilliams29
    angelawilliams29 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    That's right, girl!!! Let's do this thing!!!! ;)