I disgust myself!

Once upon a time I joined MFP and successfully lost 65 lbs and kept it off for two years! Fast forward to today and I have gained back 20 of those lbs and feel like a prisoner to food.

I have heard of people talk about food addiction and always thought these people just lacked will power. However, I have realized my judgements were so very wrong!

My husband and I are in the process of adopting our daughter and the process has been extremely emptional. This week it dawned on me the I have been using food to cope with my emotions and stress. I find myself eating without even thinking. Plus, I am normally a very healthy, clean food eater. Recently, I find myself eating terrible food. I know this food is bad for me and makes me feel physically sick, but for some reason all those facts go out the window when I am eating these foods. Today, for example, I have felt miserable all day due to too much fat and dairy yestersay.

I'm sure others have been where I am before and have found the strength to change their eating habits and work towards their goals. Currently, I am working on finding that strength within so that I can also meet my goals. If anyone has any thoughts or advice I would love the input. Knowing there are people who have been where I am and still succeeded might be helpful. Thank you for sticking with my long frustrated post!

Replies

• mona268
    mona268 Posts: 6 Member
    Hey,I too am an emotional eater.when something. Really bad happens to me I get so sad and depressed that I won't eat.if I feel just sad or any other emotion even happy(I reward myself then)I eat.and while I'm eating I know I shouldn't but it doesn't stop me.i came into this form tonight exactly because of that reason.im not hungry right now but I feel sad and I just want to sit I front of the tv with a big bag of chips and munch away.so far I have resisted the urge for 2 hrs and I hope I make it until I fall asleep.i came close to say whatever just eat it but then I think of how I want to look and how dangerous it is for me to just give in one time.because one time leads to another and before I know it I haven't lost a pound and am miserable all over again about my weight.
  • PamOliva
    PamOliva Posts: 101 Member
    I went to Overeaters Anonymous earlier this year when I really struggled with binge eating. I only needed to go about 2 months and it helped me get back on track. Highly recommend. It's for people of any size who struggle with food obsession.