FIXED POST Macros,fitness regimen,cutting,bulking,re-comping,vegan supplements (need help guys

Options
abloom1995
abloom1995 Posts: 7 Member
edited December 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
New to my Fitness Pal

A little about me
5'1
Vegan
Starting weight 145-140lbs
Current weight 120-118 lbs
Goal weight 110-100 lbs
Inspiration - Katy Hearnfit fitness model and trainer
Routine
Weightlifting 5 times a week (more or less)!
Cardio 3-4 times a week (more or less)
Monday - legs and booty day
Tuesday - cardio day
Wednesday - abdominal day & cardio
Thursday - legs and booty day
Friday - rest day Saturday - legs and booty day
Sunday - chest, arms , back & cardio

Started mid August and lost 10 lbs
September 8 lbs
October 5 lbs
November weight loss plateau
December weight loss plateau

I want to track my macros but not sure how , I quite don't understand how it works.
I have a plan but I'm not sure if it will work:( I'm just guiding through progress

1.) Planning on (cutting or re-comping?) at 1300 calories until I loose 10-20 lbs ,but also focus on building muscle and looking toned.
2.)Once I loose that if I look too thin (stick like:P ) I'm not sure if I should (slow bulk?) increase my calories and increase my weights but also do cardio OR keep eating the same and still increase my weight and do cardio.

I really need help on fitness regimen to build a big booty and small waist and flat abs ( 8pack )
Also any vegans out there ? What supplements do you take ?

I was thinking on looking for a fitness trainer to help me ,but it's quite expensive . I am trying to get in the fitness field , if someone want to train me for free let me know I'm at Irving Tx (: looking to make friendship as well with fitness freaks :D

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Setting your diary to public may help people comment. What was your calorie intake in the "plateau" months ?
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Add in more upper body, to start with. At least another day.

Don't wait to get too lean if you want to do a recomp later. I don't know how that works with bulking, but if you get quite thin with little muscle, bulking is surely what I'd do. It's not a recomp at such low calories unless your TDEE is really low. You are petite, so, depending on age, etc, I guess that's possible. Aim for maintenance in recomp, basically.

I'd look into Bret Contreras' programs for the curviness ('Strong Curves') and sure I'd throw in dedicated ab work because core work is always nice. Just make sure you balance it with back work! So have some of your leg days hit the back, too, and/or have another upper body day. His programs should work as written, so start with that unless you really need a split for time reasons or something.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »
    Setting your diary to public may help people comment. What was your calorie intake in the "plateau" months ?

Yes, on http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings change your Diary Sharing settings to Public.
  • toe1226
    toe1226 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    When I'm looking to cut, I always start my cardio with an ab workout - yes this means abs 4 times a week. I also think it leads to engaging your core more in your cardio workout if you've just exercised it.

There are a lot of opinions out there and I am no expert, but for me personally, working one section of my body once a week really stalls me out after a while. I try to find ways to incorporate all of my muscle groups, and use my intuition and how a particular part is feeling to decide if it needs a break.
  • rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Have you seen the vegan bodybuilding site? There is a forum http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    abloom1995 wrote: »
    New to my Fitness Pal

Routine
    Weightlifting 5 times a week (more or less)!
    Cardio 3-4 times a week (more or less)
    Monday - legs and booty day
    Tuesday - cardio day
    Wednesday - abdominal day & cardio
    Thursday - legs and booty day
    Friday - rest day Saturday - legs and booty day
    Sunday - chest, arms , back & cardio

I really need help on fitness regimen to build a big booty and small waist and flat abs ( 8pack )

This sounds like the weight routine of a seasoned, experienced lifter, have you been weight training for years?

If you don't have 3-5 years dedicated lifting experience think you might get far better value from looking into a decently structured progressive programme like strong curves as you continue to cut

Alternatively you could look at one of the generically recommended compound lift programmes like
    http://stronglifts.com/5x5/
    https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/jason-blaha-ice-cream-fitness-5x5-novice-workout
    http://www.muscleandfitness.com/workouts/workout-routines/4-week-guide-starting-strength

I'm leaving the diet alone but ensure you eat adequate protein and fats