Ugh

Options
I went to pick up my granddaughter took her to the movies (Alvin) shared a sandwich with her had popcorn and soda then took with me home.. She wanted to bake cookies . (It's not fair I went over my calories) I didn't have time to go to the gym today so everything got messed up

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Log it and continue as usual tomorrow. Cherish the time with her. She will grow up fast. Nothing is messed up unless you let it be. This is life and the reality of trying to lose weight. Sometimes cookies happen :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Log it and continue as usual tomorrow. Cherish the time with her. She will grow up fast. Nothing is messed up unless you let it be. This is life and the reality of trying to lose weight. Sometimes cookies happen :smile:

You can lose weight and still live. not everything is messed up.
    I went over calories yesterday, just back to the grind today (minus the pizza and the extra glass of wine :grin:)
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    I would gladly go over my calorie goal, miss my workout, etc to spend time with my grandson. He is 4-5 hours away and I don't see him half as much as I would like.

Log it, and cherish the time you spent with her- hope you took some good pics of your baking adventure.

Cheers, h.
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Just try and learn something and move on. I have days when I feel like a disaster, too, but we're just human.
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Most of us are doing this so that we can live happier healthy lives, So what happens if one day we look back after being so regimented with the diet/new life style to find out that life as passed us by.

Live each day as it comes, enjoy everything in moderation. Be happy :smiley:

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Or look at it as a lovely day with your granddaughter?
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Life is full of memorable moments. Enjoy them; they bring happiness. Time with your granddaughter is precious.

Perhaps, for the holidays, you can change your goals to maintenance. This way, if you stay under, you lose some weight; if you maintain, you at least don't gain weight.
    Also remember that a few days of eating above maintenance will make a minimal difference in the long run. It takes 3500 calories above maintenance to gain one pound and one pound is nothing in the big picture.
    Stay aware of your food choices and you will find that you can stay within your maintenance calories while still enjoying time with family and friends.
    You can do this.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I have been consistently over my calories for the last month or so. Between the holidays, being sick, and cold weather just killing my energy levels, I haven't been able to stay on track most days.

It is what it is. I keep logging so I have the data. I'm finally feeling better and should be able to get back on track.

Good for you on logging everything! I second the recommendation to switch to maintenance for now. If you're under, yay! And if not, that's still OK.

Time with family is a precious thing. Enjoy it.

~Lyssa
  • maggie6bb
    maggie6bb Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your encouragement it helps a lot :-)
  • maggie6bb
    Options
    Thank you so much for your encouragement it helps a lot :-)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    You'll have this. Sounds like a lovely day. I ate 4000 calories yesterday...whoops.
  • toe1226
    toe1226 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I had so many cousins, I never got to spend time with my grandma like that. My parents had me later in life so I didn't have that much time with her. But my grandpa was around longer, he used to make me spaghetti and we would eat jelly donuts together. I'll always remember that. I'm glad he wasn't on a diet, because it was an "us" thing. I think you had a great day, and I think your grandma did too!
  • toe1226
    toe1226 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    * granddaughter
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    As others have said, I think it's okay to bake cookies with your granddaughter. You can always adjust your calorie count tomorrow. Eating cookies is a temporary thing. Kids being young enough to want to help you make cookies? That time is so precious and goes so fast. Have cookies!
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Yep. It happens. I was over today because I went out to lunch with girlfriends I hadn't seen in a long time. Ordered the mini dessert and then one of the friends gave us bags of homemade cookies upon leaving. Definitely over today. It's okay. Tomorrow is another day.
  • cnj27
    cnj27 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel... I had a few days that I was over my calories but it's important to remember that you can't change the past so focus on taking it one day at a time. Life happens.... sometime we just have to go with the flow :smiley:
  • maggie6bb
    Options
  • maggie6bb
    Options
    Great to see everyone comment it's really nice and supportive you all are great...
  • 2wise4u
    2wise4u Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    You're doing great. Just log it and look to tomorrow as a new day and start over fresh. Your grand babies come first so enjoy the time you have with them. :smile:
  • 2wise4u
    2wise4u Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    You're doing great. Just log it and look to tomorrow as a new day and start over fresh. Your grand babies come first so enjoy the time you have with them. :smile: