Hey

Options
gmleme1991
gmleme1991 Posts: 4 Member
edited December 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hey everyone I'm Gina 24 years old. I definitely need support. I always knew I needed to lose weight but never actually stuck with it. It's definitely hard . I'm 600lbs and it's time to help myself. I am getting married in a year so I definitely want to be healthy. I come to terms I will never be skinny and that's okay with me it's more about being healthy and living my life I am too young and don't want to die.anyway it was a big step to even sign up here but I have heard wonderful things and that it will be a great help! I definitely hope so! Thank you for letting me share xo

Replies

• Justyne0623
    Justyne0623 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good for you! And congrats of the engagement! Portion control and healthy choices is a start.....some like exercise. You got this!
  • gmleme1991
    Options
    Thank you so much! I appreciate it :)
  • MBentley79
    MBentley79 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    We are in this journey together. The way I look at it is if I fail I start over regardless of how many times, even in the same day. DON'T GIVE UP!
    I've been trying to lose weight for years but nothing ever stuck. I did it all for the wrong reasons. Now I'm doing it for me. And I've only just begun. I started this app on Dec 3rd (I believe) and I'm down 9 lbs. I weigh 320 lbs now. My biggest ever!!! :(
    We're in this together!!!!
  • gmleme1991
    Options
    That's amazing! Good for you! Yes I agree we are in this together and your right I definitely am doing this for me for once. It's hard and sometimes I just want to give up because some of my family just thinks I should get surgery or that it so easy to lose weight. When it's not it takes one day at a time and sometimes it's frustrating but your right we can't give up!!!
  • MBentley79
    MBentley79 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm actually going through the process for surgery now. Bariatric. And I don't want to. I thought I was just seeing a great nutritionist but turns out it's for surgery. I'm going through the process for now though because it's actually motivating me to try harder myself rather than go through surgery and the change required afterwards. I feel like a failure going through with the surgery so I'm trying this on my own for the next 6 months and hopefully I won't need the surgery!!
    I don't know how to add friends or send requests yet but if you do go ahead and add me!! Would love to keep in touch through this journey. :)
  • gmleme1991
    Options
    I can totally understand! Okay awesome yes that would be wonderful :)
  • Rdsgoal16
    Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hi Gina, welcome and best of luck to you. (congrats on the getting married next year). your first step is done logging in! You can do this!
  • JanuaryBlueJay
    JanuaryBlueJay Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You can do it Gina!
  • AliMalek21
    AliMalek21 Posts: 51 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    gmleme1991 wrote: »
    Hey everyone I'm Gina 24 years old. I definitely need support. I always knew I needed to lose weight but never actually stuck with it. It's definitely hard . I'm 600lbs and it's time to help myself. I am getting married in a year so I definitely want to be healthy. I come to terms I will never be skinny and that's okay with me it's more about being healthy and living my life I am too young and don't want to die.anyway it was a big step to even sign up here but I have heard wonderful things and that it will be a great help! I definitely hope so! Thank you for letting me share xo

Don't worry you will lose weight :) 200 lbs will be lost so fast within months!

Just lower your calories intake, go on a low fat low carb diet and you will be a sexy mama in the wedding ;)