Fibromyalgia and Weight Loss Anyone...

Options
My name is Cynthia and I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia a little over 2 years ago.... Before my diagnosis I had lost 50 lbs - I was exercising 5 days a week and counting all my calories.... Then one day it was like I was hit by a truck- my life was turned upside down. I was dealing with pain, depression and was no longer the person who I was. I couldn't exercise, and my bad eating habits returned.... all to bring us to today....
Now it's been 2 years.. I'm taking medication, and I have learned to live with the new me. I gained a little over 20lbs in the last 2 years which isn't bad considering I wasn't doing anything and eating what I felt like eating..... but now, I need to find the right balance. I need to get back in shape because I know it will help me with my Fibromyalgia as well..... And now I feel "balanced" enough to start again.
I was wondering if any one else suffers from Fibro ? How did it affect you and your weight....?
With Fibromyalgia- it's a fine line....too much exercise can exasperate the condition, but not enough isn't good either.....
#inspired#

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    There is a group for those in chronic pain but it's not that active. Many there seem to think LCHF diets will help with their symptoms even though there is no scientific basis for it.

I started doing yoga to manage my symptoms and walking. I don't flare much any more. I do aerial yoga(easier on the joints imho) and run, working up to 13 miles.
    it was hard to accept. i felt like my body betrayed me. Medicines made me more hungry. I gained weight due to the medicine side effects and not wanting to move much. but I decided enough was enough.
    I also have come to the conclusion that I can hurt and be sick or I can hurt and be healthy. The pain may be real but I push past it. sometimes with tears and sobs. I sort of look at it like the pain is real but is a lie at the same time.
    I don't have fibro but i do have a similar autoimmune with myalgia complications.
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I also have fibromyalgia. At first it hurt a lot and I didn't want to continue with my journey I only had a couple of bad days in the last two years. Keep working at it and find a balance! Best of luck!
  • kezzybear1968
    kezzybear1968 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you are interested in how a low carb hi fat lifestyle might help you, there are quite a few LCHF videos on YouTube. You can start with the diet doctor's channel. Also, there are presentations given by practitioners at the low carb down under conference. They are all awesome. I thoroughly recommend Dr Phinney. Enjoy
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I had fibro, by changing my nutrition and working out,I haven't had a flair up in about 13 years.
    Good luck!