Broccoli!

Options

Replies

• LowCoffinLucifie
    LowCoffinLucifie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I use hidden valley ranch seasoning [season you use to make the dressing] I sprinkle a bit on it and some pepper and a tablespoon of low sodium soy sauce and it's really good. Everyonce in awhile I'll throw some feta or parm on top as well.
  • justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I love broccoli in allllll of the ways. My hubby though, is super-picky, and he loves it roasted with Trader Joe's "21 Season Salute" seasoning. Yum!
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Steam it and then add a small amount of garlic butter and a squeeze of lemon juice.
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Another for steamed - dipped in mayo or a little bit of butter.

If I ever have any leftover (and that's not very often), I either eat it cold with a little soy sauce or stirfry it with a couple of eggs.
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Roasted with balasamic and salt
  • 6suescott
    6suescott Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are on a broccoli kick. What do you guys season it with? Have any different ways to prepare it? Thanks!

• 6suescott
    6suescott Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sea salt and lemon

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I like ALL the broccoli; raw, steamed, roasted! I like adding it to soups, salads & casseroles. Looking at some of these posts.....now I'm in the mood for Chinese food.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    We steam it and put it on top of a baked potato with cheese, sour cream and butter, salt and pepper, absolutely delicious and it is big enough for our whole dinner.
    my husband absolutely loves broccoli so in any type of casserole, salad or as a topping on just about anything he'll eat it :)
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I can't stand it raw but roasted is amazing.
    Toss with a little olive oil.
    Sprinkle black pepper, garlic powder, and a little parmesan cheese.
    Then roast for a bit.

If I'm not patient then I'll microwave covered with a bit of water to steam it then salt and pepper it. Quick and yummy.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of it raw either but I love it cooked. I dissolve a bullion cube in a pan of water with the broccoli and cook until tender. After I drain the water, I sprinkle a generic seasoning salt over the broccoli.
  • Rabidrunner
    Rabidrunner Posts: 117 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Love it roasted! I put some kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, fresh garlic, red pepper and some olive oil together with the broccoli in a zip lock bag, shake it vigorously so that the broccoli gets well coated with the mix, then roast on a tray at 375 degrees for around 20 or 25 mins. Crunchy and yummy :)
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Roasted broccoli and roasted beetroot compliment each other nicely :-)
  • sytar7
    sytar7 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Broccoli Avocado Salad has been a hit at a few Thanksgiving/Christmas parties and it is super easy with a food processor
    • 1 pound broccoli
    • ½ pound carrots
    • 1 pound red grapes, quartered (I sub raisins when I don't feel like quartering grapes)
    • ½ cup pumpkin seeds, toasted (I subbed sunflower seeds)
    • Dressing:
    • 2 avocados
    • ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
    • 2 Teaspoons sea salt
    1. process broccoli and carrots set aside
    2. process avocados, lemon juice, and salt
    3. mix everything together

It is really easy.

http://gi365.co/food/healthy-broccoli-salad-with-creamy-avocado-dressing/
  • ajax041813
    ajax041813 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    For the last few years I've just had it steamed with some spices but lately I'm not loving that. I'll have to try some of these recipes, they sound delicious. I am one of the few who likes it raw too. I do love roasted veggies so a lot of these sound great!! Bookmarking this page!!
  • MilllieMoo
    MilllieMoo Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Steamed and topped with a blue cheese sauce.
    Make a soup, with a little peanut butter blended in.
    Sir fried with water chestnuts, chilli, lime juice and soya sauce.
    Raw, with salsa, guacamole and yogurt dressing.
    Blanched, then mixed with sauteed onion and mushroom, covered in cream and baked until tender.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Steamed with a little bit of butter or olive oil and garlic mmm
  • drew87d
    drew87d Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Cheese Whiz!!
  • abertrand87
    abertrand87 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    sytar7 wrote: »
    Broccoli Avocado Salad has been a hit at a few Thanksgiving/Christmas parties and it is super easy with a food processor
    • 1 pound broccoli
    • ½ pound carrots
    • 1 pound red grapes, quartered (I sub raisins when I don't feel like quartering grapes)
    • ½ cup pumpkin seeds, toasted (I subbed sunflower seeds)
    • Dressing:
    • 2 avocados
    • ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
    • 2 Teaspoons sea salt
    1. process broccoli and carrots set aside
    2. process avocados, lemon juice, and salt
    3. mix everything together

It is really easy.

http://gi365.co/food/healthy-broccoli-salad-with-creamy-avocado-dressing/

that sounds great! I normally dont like broccoli salads because there is mayo but this is no mayo and looks yummy