losing drive

Options
well Im super good at giving the advice and telling friends good ideas.. as for myself... :grumble:
I have lost 15lbs so far... and not because of working hard, or working out...
I have completely changed my eating habits, yes great... but now I know Im losing muscle mass
as well.... Im literly NOT working out at all... I am chasing 2 babes under the age of 2.5.. and thats it.

Im not eating lately, I dont know why?? not hungry... yesterday (I know I know..) I had dinner at 530.
I cant remember the last time I had water?? not really a fan ya know?
I've been down about some things, and preoccupied. But I know all of this is not good in the long run.. but Im losing the motivation ya know....which is exactly my problem for a lot of things.
I LOVE starting new things...... then I get too busy....:cry:
I know my headaches are due to dehydration. and I love coffee, which adds...
whats keeping all of you so motivated when you fall... a little help would be great:frown:

Replies

• BUNNYB
    BUNNYB Posts: 91
    Options
    well Im super good at giving the advice and telling friends good ideas.. as for myself... :grumble:
    I have completely changed my eating habits, yes great... but now I know Im losing muscle mass
    as well.... Im literly NOT working out at all... I am chasing 2 babes under the age of 2.5.. and thats it.

Im not eating lately, I dont know why?? not hungry... yesterday (I know I know..) I had dinner at 530.
    I've been down about some things, and preoccupied. But I know all of this is not good in the long run.. but Im losing the motivation ya know....which is exactly my problem for a lot of things.
    whats keeping all of you so motivated when you fall... a little help would be great:frown:
  • jesusgrl14
    Options
    knowing that I need to do this for myself keeps me going. I definitely have days when I just don't want to care about it but I know that I will feel better about myself if I stick to it. Remember that it's a lifestyle change that is just not going to happen overnight. You can do it!
  • want2lose
    want2lose Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Bunny,

I hate drinking just plain old water too. Someone suggested that i try crystal light packets in water. They only have like 10 calories per packet and are very tasty!! I personally prefer the lemonade ones but they have many different flavors to choose from. As for working out, its always easier to to get a workout partner. If not your spouse, then a family member or friend. Sometimes its just the type of exercise that gets boring. Maybe look into a local sport at the ymca or city recreations. Something like a vollyball team, or women's basketball team maybe? Or sign up for a dance class :happy: , or even take a martial art like wu shu kung fu. Hope this helps and if nothing else, maybe you can find some support on here as well!!

Best of luck! And don't give up!

Brian
  • BUNNYB
    BUNNYB Posts: 91
    Options
    hey thanks guys...
    the only prob with the scheduling working out is that Im on Mat leave right now, and with my husbands and my career path, it makes it somewhat impossible to arrange ME time!!!
    he's always away, and then Im always away.. and the little gaffers' keep me really busy..
    I dont know.. Maybe its just a Feb slump... were burried in snow right now, and the hubby
    is away yet again... I'll try and shake it off.....
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options

I can relate to you... I know exactly what to say and what to do and I seem to be good and giving advice and reassurance but how come I won't listen to myself?? lol :laugh:
  • kckat96
    Options
    :grumble: heaven knows I have tried just about everything out there but I have never been able to stick with it. Then my Dad said something that about floored me. If there was a migic pill out there that would take the weight off then it would be on the front page of every news paper and news station in the world! Wow think about it ....he right. So that depressed me a lot then he gave me one more piece of advice that I know carry close to my heart:heart: . "When you don't want to work out or eat good stuff sit and be your own best friend and give yourself a pep talk. Just the way you would give a pep talk to a real person friend. Look in the mirror (sounds crazy but...:wink: ) and start your pep talk. Say nice things don't beat yourself up....(we all have a done that before and it just makes us feel guilty) You would not beat up a real person friend with nasty comments....so....good luck!

Boy I can sure rattle on....:blushing: love and hugs kckat96
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    :flowerforyou: take care of yourself
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I relate to you as well I have 2 kids under 2.5 and I have lost all the "me" time. My hubby leaves on buisness sometimes for a week straight. I too have adapted a healthier way of eating, but my exercise is lacking for one of the little ones always wants to sit with me, needs a diaper, to eat or just attention. I have been trying to up our play time into dancing or running around. the stepper is good when they sleep Today is a complete ice out here. keep going and good luck:flowerforyou:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    We are ALL great at giving advice but we all have our moments of not practicing what we are preaching! You have two babies under 2.5 and from the schedule it seems like mine, kind of like a single mom with an occassional husband and vice versa. My suggestion is to get some videos that you can use during the kids nap times (if the older is still willing lol). I found some great ones by Kathy Smith for weights and some yoga ones with Rodney Yee that are just 20 minutes and I use those a lot when the kids are off from school or home sick or something.

Still on MAT leave, that raises the question, how old is the baby and are you trying to push yourself too hard too soon? REal women have real lives with real obstacles that we have to figure out. Keep in mind that women like Heidi Klum and other celebrities have nannies, chefs, and personal trainers to get them back into that kind of shape but how much time are they giving the kids????

Good luck, your slump will end, we all get them and eventually bounce back but it is going to take you making the first move before you feel better about it, and this advice I do practice...this week actually..lol