Terrified to gain it all back.

Options
purpletunic
purpletunic Posts: 16 Member
edited December 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I spent six months not eating much and doing yoga. I lost around sixty pounds going from almost 200 down to 140.I've gained ten lbs in the past three months because I was going through some stuff and let myself go. Now I'm desperately trying to get back on track. I can't afford a gym membership but i want to go walking three times a week (It's too slippery right now to run so I have an interval walking app) and do yoga the alternate days along with tracking my food and weight and taking a green tea and access supplement with meals (I have found it helps with my appetite). I also ordered a misfit shine to track my steps and activity and sleep...

Does all of this sound like it will help me lose weight? Any other suggestions? If anyone wants to add me feel free, I could really use the support.

Replies

• soapsandropes
    soapsandropes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I like my Fitbit for reminding me to keep moving, walking and yoga is great. However, weight loss is going to be about your diet. When you said not eating much that makes me wonder what sort of habits you may or may not have learned when you lost the 60lbs.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Eat in a slight calorie deficit and you'll lose weight, it's that simple. Add some strength training every 2-3 days to keep a high metabolism. Helps mentally too. Try the home strength program at Fitness Blender or Nerd Fitness. :+1:
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I love yoga and have been practicing for almost 20 years. It's helped me with emotional eating.

That said, more relevant information from you is what is your calorie deficit going to be? Are you weighing your foods with a digital food scale and logging what you eat? With only 10 pounds to lose, set your weight loss goal to 0.5 pounds per week, eat that amount of calories, and about 50% of the calories you earn from exercise, as the burns tend to be inflated.
  • purpletunic
    purpletunic Posts: 16 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I like my Fitbit for reminding me to keep moving, walking and yoga is great. However, weight loss is going to be about your diet. When you said not eating much that makes me wonder what sort of habits you may or may not have learned when you lost the 60lbs.

I had a throat infection at the beginning of my weight loss journey. Because of it I was only able to do liquids for a couple weeks and my stomach shrank. I really didn't eat much but I tried to make the food I did eat count. Protein, vitamins etc. Not saying it was the ideal way to lose weight... But that's what happened for me. Obviously my stomach is normal sized now and I have a very healthy appetite so it's been a challenge to keep from reaching for the wrong foods.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    As long as you're eating in a deficit, then yes you can lose weight.

As far as exercise, try youtube there are tons of exercise videos there for free. One of my favorites is FitnessBlender.
  • ultrahoon
    ultrahoon Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    As long as you are in a calorie deficit then the weight will come off. The rest of the stuff you're doing is personal preference.