Low calorie sauce?

Options
As much as I want to eat healthy, I have a real weakness for all things covered in sauce, especially spicy. Anyone know of any good low calorie sauces that I could use to substitute? Thanks :)

Replies

• sar586
    sar586 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Frank's Red Hot
  • SenoraMacias
    SenoraMacias Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Don't know if you like honey mustard, but I make my own with spicy brown mustard and honey, a little minced garlic and some black pepper. I use about a 3:1 ration of mustard to honey, and just eyeball the garlic and pepper. I use it as salad dressing, marinade for meats, and it's a great glaze on salmon.
  • Lissajoy08
    Lissajoy08 Posts: 35
    Options
    Taco Sauce!!!!! Taco Sauce is still spicy but doesn't contain all the calories of some salsas... although you can find some really low cal salsas as well. If I have a dish that require salsa, I use taco sauce instead. We are a big fan of Ortega Taco Sauce. But if I just want to add a little spice to a lunch or dinner, I use pacets of sauce that we grab from our local fast food restaurants. The Taco Bell sauce packets have zero calories!
  • mcato
    mcato Posts: 1
    Options
    Try any and every kind of salsa. I put it on cod, tilapia, etc. It is low calorie, easy, and you can kick it up a notch. Good luck!
  • rundgrenfan
    rundgrenfan Posts: 211
    Options
    If you cook chopped onions and celery in the microwave and then totally puree them, they can be the basis for any type of sauce or gravy for very few calories.
  • jaycurran
    jaycurran Posts: 25
    Options
    Thanks everyone, those are all great ideas definately gonna try them out :) Especially like the Taco sauce idea, i love taco sauce but thought it would have been really high in calories! Thanks again :)