Any new moms getting back in to working out?

Options
I'm 6 weeks post baby and I have done pretty good but need to get rid of 10lbs of pregnancy weight then would like to loose 30lbs and I would be at my goal!!
Any other new moms out there need some support and encouragement?

Replies

• tamaraarredondo
    tamaraarredondo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Im not a super new mom, but we have the same weight loss goal :) my little one is 16 months old.

I am back at my pre pregnancy weight although i didnt really gain much during. I mainly did after we moved and remodeled our kitchen. All that take out for 6 weeks until everything was done took its toll on my waist. But im hoping to shed 30 pounds ultimately.
  • Bonnieg318
    Bonnieg318 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    tamaraarredondo nice to meet you!! I will send you a friend request!!
  • ragenhay1
    ragenhay1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My son is four months and I've been working out and tracking calories since he was two months. I'm down 23lbs with 7 more to go until I'm at my prepregnancy weight and 57 until I hit my goal. This is my second baby and I didn't lose any of the weight from the first. Breastfeeding is helping the weight come off plus I go to the gym five days a week while my oldest is in school.
  • Bonnieg318
    Options
    ragenhay1 nice to meet you! I am going to send a friend request! Way to go loosing your pregnancy weight!!!
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat working out too much since eating at a calorie deficit will definitively make you lose.
  • DiamndMnd
    DiamndMnd Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hello! I also 6 weeks post. We have similar goal! I have about 5-7 pounds til I'm back to my pre pregnancy weight. I would like to get tone and in shape more so than lose a bunch of weight. I'm 5'3 130 lbs currently. My goal would be 115 though. Are you breastfeeding? I am so have to keep that in mind while getting back into shape.
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    HI all. My youngest is 4 mo today! I have 11lbs of baby weight left to lose (out of 60!). Then maybe another 4 and then add some muscle. Breastfeeding mine as well, so trying to balance my desire to get this weight off and keep my supply up :)
  • meltoine
    meltoine Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My youngest is 3.5 months. I've been back at this for 2 months and I've lost 17lbs. I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I'd like to lose another 20lbs.
  • Bonnieg318
    Options
    Saramore10 wrote: »
    Hello! I also 6 weeks post. We have similar goal! I have about 5-7 pounds til I'm back to my pre pregnancy weight. I would like to get tone and in shape more so than lose a bunch of weight. I'm 5'3 130 lbs currently. My goal would be 115 though. Are you breastfeeding? I am so have to keep that in mind while getting back into shape.
    Yes I am breastfeeding also. I know it helps get the weight off but I would rather be toning up while I am loosing rather than just loosing weight.

I think we all have similar goals! We can get this done ladies!!!

• PreciousTiger
    PreciousTiger Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also just had a baby 6 weeks ago! Getting back into it and really trying to get motivated!! It's much harder now I'm a mum of 2 and always busy!!!
  • suerun11
    suerun11 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I am 5 weeks pp....also breastfeeding. I'm back to my prepregnacy weight but super flabby. I'd like to lose 10 more...but be fit and tone. I miss muscle.
  • Bonnieg318
    Options
    I'm loving meeting new moms!!! It keeps me motivated knowing we are all working toward the same goal!
  • Aaimzey
    Aaimzey Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi :) my little one is now six months old and starting to wean onto solids, I'm still breastfeeding too :) I have 25lb to lose to get to goal! x
  • yrieves
    yrieves Posts: 14 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Hi, I'm a mom of four girls and recently had a baby too. I need to lose about 30 lbs still.
  • Bonnieg318
    Options
    Is anyone interested in checking in here daily or whatever for support and encouragement? I am going to really get at it after the holidays. I'm not going to go crazy over the next week but might as well have a starting point!
  • DiamndMnd
    DiamndMnd Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Bonnieg318 wrote: »
    Is anyone interested in checking in here daily or whatever for support and encouragement? I am going to really get at it after the holidays. I'm not going to go crazy over the next week but might as well have a starting point!

That is something I would be interested in! I like meeting new mommies as well! I haven't begun working out yet. I want to get my calorie intake in order first then I will begin. Also would like to hear how you ladies are eating healthy!
  • allegro80
    allegro80 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am the mom of 2 boys. My older son is 3.5 and autistic and my new baby is 8 months old. In the process of both pregnancies, my husband was cheating on me. We tried counseling a few times and I finally got to my breaking point and moved out this past June. After moving out, I ate away my emotions and pain. I put on about 30 pounds over the summer. By the time Labor Day rolled around, I was thoroughly disgusted with myself and decided it was time to do something. I started doing T25 and watching my diet more closely, and I'm down 80 pounds!! It's amazing how quickly the weight can go on!
  • MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I have a 3 month old! Just restarting my journey again. Before pregnancy 155..I lost 30 some lbs. After pregnancy 186, CW is 167.

I'm doing sort of a Keto diet like I did last time. I work out in the morning or after work, when ever i have time. 30 minutes of cardio.

Add me if you like.
  • Tink1o5
    Tink1o5 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just had my daughter (my 3rd child) September 29th. I'm trying to get back into my goal of losing weight. Before I got pregnant I was 215lbs. After I gave birth I was 205. I'm now at 203. My first goal is to hit 175. Then go from their.
  • unswin
    unswin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Bonnieg318 wrote: »

I'm interested in that as well, if it's ok for me to just jump in here. :)