Always Tired!!

Options
Ive been doing mfp since February & the first month i was so energetic and couldn't wait to do workouts! But after that i became so tired (all the time no matter how much sleep i had gotten the night before) And i get dizzy alot (expecially when standing up my eyes go black for a minute,then i'm fine) But this is getting really aggrevating! I have two kids under 4 and i have no energy! I was anemic with both my pregnancies so im wondering if that could be it since i changed my diet? But then even when i have a cheat week the tiredness still doesnt go away. So im thinkiing maybe low iron. Im not sure. Anyone have an idea??

Replies

• thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I would go to the doctor and get checked out. It might be anemia, but it could also be blood sugar and/or blood pressure. Any time you make a dramatic change to your eating and work out habits it's good to consult a doctor. But, let's face it, most of us don't. But if you start to have problems, I definitely recommend scheduling an appointment.
    We're (mostly) not doctors here on MFP, so it's a good idea to see a professional.
    (Coincidentally, I've had this problem. Doctor told me I had low vitamin D.)
  • eorourke23
    eorourke23 Posts: 56
    Options
    yip doctors sounds like a good idea, hope your up and running on full power soon :happy:
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I would suggest going to see your doctor about it...

Hard to say for sure from an armchair doc perspective since your food diary's not public but it could be that your blood sugar is low or you're dehydrated or you're not getting enough iron in your diet. Either way - definitely not something to mess with when you've got little ones to take care of! Go see your doc
  • kfitz10103
    kfitz10103 Posts: 354
    Options
    I would go to the doctor. It could be anything, thyroid, pregnancy, anything else. Maybe just call the dr.'s office and see what they think.
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I agree. I think it's time to see your Dr. It might be one small thing that will bring you right back up to having the energy again. But your Dr. would be the one to tell you since he/she knows your health through pregnancy.
  • jnettiedotson
    Options
    Definitely see a doctor, sounds like how I was when my iron was super low. I had to take 6 months of pills to get back right.
  • daisymaegreen
    daisymaegreen Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I find i feel that way when I'm not eating enough. What is your calorie intake each day and is it enough?
  • tananichelle
    tananichelle Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I was having the same issues a few weeks ago. I realized that I had changed vitamins to a cheaper one that did not include iron. That, in conjunction with having my TOM, and not eating as much red meat (I used to eat a LOT of it!) had caused an iron deficiency, and I was really feeling it! One afternoon, I felt like I couldn't even walk, I was so tired, and I kept getting dizzy! I switched to a better vitamin with iron in it, and a week later, I'm right back to normal.
  • Shanzstar
    Shanzstar Posts: 197
    Options
    also have you had your thyroid checked?
  • AshinAms
    AshinAms Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Doctors for sure. I had this when I was losing before - it turned out my sodium & potassium were way too low and I ended up with a transfusion! Have it checked out.
  • ashleygladue
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I get 1200 a day and i always get all of them. I started taking vitamins a few days ago hoping that helps. I always try to avoid the dr. but i def have to make an appt now because i cant even drive anymore because i am too tired and dizzy to concentrate! Thanks so much for the advice!!