Work christmas party success

Options
After food tracking for 90 days I successfully ate a meal and desert only being over 100-200 calories with high estimates for the day without looking up food first the retraining of portion size is working for me!!!

Replies

• candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Morihay, you rock on.

46056954.png
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Nice! Wish I could say the same for myself for what I'm pretty sure is going to happen at my xmas party tomorrow.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    morihay wrote: »
    After food tracking for 90 days I successfully ate a meal and desert only being over 100-200 calories with high estimates for the day without looking up food first the retraining of portion size is working for me!!!

You GO!

I attended my Christmas work party today as well, saved up calories, and I was successful too.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I attended mine, but I didn't eat. I used the excuse that I've had a cold (true) and that my soup would feel and sit better. I sat with a great glass of water because all the tea was sweet!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,193 Member
    Options
    I attended my Christmas party yesterday with every intention of eating whatever I wanted. But I was thwarted.

The place we went served up 3 teensy cups of mixed nuts first ... for our table of 12 people. I didn't have any for the first hour because I know they are high in calories, and I wanted to reserve my calories for the main portion. But after sitting there for an hour getting hungrier and hungrier, I finally had 6 almonds.

Eventually we were served 3 small plates (to share among the 12 of us) of pickled capsicum and mushrooms ... and I avoid both because neither sits well with me.

Some time later, 3 small plates of sweet potatoes arrived. I had some of those because by then, I could eat a chair. I ended up with about 1/4 of a potato.

Then food started arriving a little bit more regularly, but still strangely spaced out ... not all at once. I had about 2/3 of a carrot, a sprig of broccoli, a tip of asparagus, a piece of salmon about the size of a table tennis ball, and about 1/4 of a spanish sausage.

Finally the actual meal arrived ... a plate of half raw beef (which I don't eat), and 1 small plate containing the "vegetarian meal" which 3 of us shared. That was about 2 tablespoons of quinoa and about 1/4 of a zucchini.

3 hours had passed by this point, and I was ravenous. But desert was coming!

Yep ... a tiny plate of 6 little brownies for the 12 of us to share and a few blackened bananas. We cut the brownies in half so all of us could try them, and I ended up with a piece the size of a Ferrero Roche chocolate. I didn't get any blackened bananas.

I returned to my office for about an hour and had a banana and apricot to ward off the hunger. When I finally added it all up, I ate less on my Christmas lunch than I do on a normal week-day lunch.

This is the second time I've been thwarted like this at a party. I wanted to celebrate completing my recent course, and went to a friend's place for a potluck party they were putting on intending to eat everything ... especially desserts. But everyone brought healthy stuff ... veggies, little chicken sandwiches on whole wheat, and stuff like that. No dessert.

This whole "I'm going to eat everything" thing is just not working out for me!! :lol::grin:
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    cbelc2 wrote: »
    all the tea was sweet!

That's the worst. I don't know why people insist on ruining perfectly good tea with sugar. XD

I skipped out on our Christmas lunch. They're a bit boring. I mean, I like our department president, but no one can spice up longevity awards.

And by skipped out, I mean I didn't RSVP, and didn't drive out to the venue. Our department seems to rarely hold events like that on campus. Dunno why.
  • tns56364
    tns56364 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Great job on everyone's success. I to am proud of myself. Went to the company Christmas party and stayed in my calorie limit. Yay!
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Well done, everyone! These are all great success stories.

HappyCampr, if the beans were green in colour, they are either lima or broad beans; if they were in the brown or tan range, they are fava beans.

Happy Holidays everyone.
  • cmarangi
    cmarangi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Good job all! I had my party last night, was able to eat a little of everything I wanted because I had saved up calories throughout the week. Now to crossfit this morning and we are back rolling!
  • ekruska802
    ekruska802 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I went way off track at my holiday party the other night. The food was amazing and I regret nothing. I did get really full, though, because I'm not used to eating big portions anymore.
  • morihay
    morihay Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I had fully intended to eat what I please but did skip the higher calorie foods like the rice dishes even tho I didn't go to much over calories at both christmas parties my only regret was I did over eat and I felt yucky hard to believe I would have normally gone back for a second plate
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Good work! :)

Having said that, my works christmas meal was a fantastic success. I had a huge chicken caesar salad, a huge dessert of cinammon cheesecake and icecream, a huge starter of creamy mushroom soup and bread. So much wine followed by baileys on the rocks and Irish Coffee. I was probably a good 1000 calories OVER my allowance but I enjoyed every morsel! I simply 'cut back' in the upcoming days. Which wasn't difficult since I was full for a good week after ;)