Workout tracking apps for apple watch

Options
So what apple watch apps does everyone use to track their workouts? I'm most interested in heart rate training and logging/tracking my workouts (weights, cardio, HIIT). After using my watch over the past week, I'm somewhat disappointed in the built in HR monitor as it doesn't seem to be so accurate, so I did purchase and external bluetooth chest strap which should be here next week. Any recommendations for good tracking apps?

Replies

• ebouchie
    ebouchie Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am using the Workout app for all of my Spin classes. I have found the HR to be pretty accurate for me. I borrowed a strap one on one of my workouts and they were very close. I have been pretty happy so far.
  • lashmonster
    lashmonster Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love my watch but found the HR to be less than accurate as well so I got the chest strap. Apple watch comes no where near my polar and I replaced the apple watch to be sure it was not defective. But the watch just can't seem to read my HR nearly as effectively as the polar. So I use digifit with the polar (sadly not an app on the watch yet) and run the watch at the same time just to see... consistently the watch is at least 100-150 calories lower in total calories and about 20 beats per minute off from my polar.

I used the polar app for a while since that has a watch app - but the problem I find is that none of them stay "on" like the fitness app on the watch does. I have to stop and launch the polar app each time - frustrating. More so since I really like the watch.
  • adammiarka
    adammiarka Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    check out the RunFit app by Wahoo. It has an Apple Watch app that you can use to start/stop your workouts.