Is that My Stomach, disgusting!

Options
Get straight to the point, I could really use a good excerise for my stomach? Any suggestions anyone?

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    If it's disgusting because it's too big, lose fat. There are no spot-reduction methods to do this. You need to eat in a caloric deficit, which will make you lose fat all over your body. Stomach areas are notorious for being the last areas to lose fat for many people. Just keep at it and you'll get there.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    There is a thread on here about how to get a flat tummy, if you use the search engine up there. The best suggestion I can give you is to make a plan, start putting it into motion....and.....be careful of the words you say to yourself. Your body hears every single thing you say, and believes you. Would you let someone say something so mean to your mom or best friend? Nopers....honey....we are all beautiful. Skin is just that...skin....same with fat. They don't define us...Please be good to yourself xoxo
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Get straight to the point, I could really use a good excerise for my stomach? Any suggestions anyone?

Everyone has six pack abs, it is just that most keep them hidden under a layer of fat.

Without knowing anything about you it is impossible to make suggestions.
  • ButterflyLife4Me
    ButterflyLife4Me Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I will check out the thread, thanks for opening my eyes to self talk today
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Lots of cardio will help to burn the fat. You can also try doing crunches and planks to strengthen the muscle under the fat.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Bxqtie116 wrote: »
    Lots of cardio will help to burn the fat. You can also try doing crunches and planks to strengthen the muscle under the fat.

Calorie deficit burns the fat, cardio can help build a deficit but you still have to focus on food intake. You can lose body fat without cardio and there are many people on here who are proof of that.
    Strength/resistance training helps with body composition, meaning less weight to lose in the long run and your body is leaner when you get closer to your goal.
  • ButterflyLife4Me
    ButterflyLife4Me Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your responses, I don't attend a gym but I use my treadclimber daily and have lost 42 pounds just need to turn it into some muscle.....here we go Have a wonderful holiday all
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your responses, I don't attend a gym but I use my treadclimber daily and have lost 42 pounds just need to turn it into some muscle.....here we go Have a wonderful holiday all

You need a progressive lifting programme then
  • _layton_
    _layton_ Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Should take up Belly dancing