Information about shakeology

Options
Would like info about shakeology .. What exactly is program ? Thanks

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    It's an MLM company, so be very, very skeptical.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    It's expensive whey protein that generally only tastes good when you blend it with other things like fruit.
  • Blazing_Brunette
    Blazing_Brunette Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I see ... Is it a meal replacement ? I've followed regular dieting but am looking for a boost to weight loss .
  • usmcmp
    Options
    I see ... Is it a meal replacement ? I've followed regular dieting but am looking for a boost to weight loss .

Some people use it as a meal replacement. It will not boost your weight loss. Exercise, especially lifting, will boost your weight loss when combined with weighing your food.
  • usmcmp
    edited December 2015
    Options
    If you absolutely feel the need to buy it, buy it on ebay. You'll get it for the same price as the people who sell it and you won't get pressured by a sales person to buy even more from them.

If someone sends you a private message on here trying to sell it to you they are violating community guidelines and you should inform a moderator or a staff member.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Go to a regular store and buy Body Fortress or Pure Protein. Don't fall for people selling you stuff.
  • Blazing_Brunette
    Options
    Okay ... Good info .. Thanks
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    It is a meal replacement with lots of extra nutrients & superfoods. Pure Protein is protein only. Ive used it for 18 months and like it. The most vocal people here are categorically against anything sold thru a direct sales system, so take them with a grain of salt. (I don't sell Shakeology.)
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    So take pure protein and a multivitamin and voila? Superfoods don't exist.
  • usmcmp
    Options
    There is no such thing as superfoods. There are foods with a higher concentration of various important vitamins and minerals, but superfood is a marketing term.
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I love protein powder! Very helpful when I am in a rush and want something quick. Some berries/Apple/banana, a couple tbsp of yogurt, a handful of spinach and blend it up. However, I found shakeology(which is promoted as more of a meal replacement and not a protein supplement) very overpriced, tastes horrible no matter what I mix it with, and actually hindered my digestion. Gold standard is a good brand of protein, I like hemp seed protein, and I will try others as well. My suggestion is to try a few in small pkgs. see if a shop will sample out, ask friends if they want to split a tub. See what you like before buying 5lbs of it in bulk or something.
  • Blazing_Brunette
    Options
    Thanks for the info everyone ...
  • ganzelly
    ganzelly Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I actually like the taste of shakeology mixed with half milk and half water and that's it.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    It's expensive whey protein that generally only tastes good when you blend it with other things like fruit.

I wouldn't even go as far as calling it a whey protein. Shakeology only has about 16-17g (depending on the flavor) which is a bit less compared to other whey protein powders.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    It's a true "meal replacement" with protein, carbs and micronutrients. From what I understand, it's pretty expensive ($3 a pop). I can get my nutrition through protein shakes, whole foods and other supps for less money.
  • Blazing_Brunette
    Options
    Thanks