Hitting goal 4 days before Christmas!

Options
Four days before Christmas, what a time to hit goal weight! So today is the start of something new... the real challenge: maintenance. My goal was to lose weight for the last time so this is where the real work starts. I've never treated maintainence as anything other than 'not being on a diet' before which I'm well aware has been my downfall.

This time I've been itching to hit goal weight because I've actually felt excited about how I'm going to approach maintainence and have spent most of my weight loss thinking of strategies and ways to ensure I don't fall off into not particularly caring once the weight is off.

I've been following this forum keenly and today seems the day to quit lurking and introduce myself. So hi all! I'm happy to join you at last and please feel free to friend request me anyone who would like a maintainence buddy as I'd love to have some peeps on my friend list to be accountable to.

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    congrats!! what a nice Christmas Present :smiley: welcome to the maintainers club :smile: I love being in maintenance and I'm sure you will too, its basically the same only we get to enjoy more calories :smile:
  • Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Many congratulations.
  • faramelee
    faramelee Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS to you!!!

Funnily enough I was just catching up on another thread 'Maintainers for over a Year Secret'. It may be worth you having a look as there is some good advice there. You've already mentioned the magic word 'accountable' ;) You'll be fine, just remember there will be bumps on the way so don't get disheartened.

Good luck!!
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What a great Christmas present!
  • FitGirl0123
    FitGirl0123 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    Huge congrats!!!!
  • SherriLynnLeeman
    SherriLynnLeeman Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm about 20 lbs away from maintenance and I'm already a little nervous about it... Losing weight is one thing but maintaining is a WHOLE new can of worms! I friend requested you, I'm always looking for accountability buddies! Enjoy your early Christmas gift, that's awesome!
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    What a great Christmas gift!! I am only 10lbs away from maintenance. For this week I will be eating maintenance calories and then back to the slow losses until I hit goal. I will add you. I am sure the holding steady will be a learning curve as well but so rewarding!!
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! And it sounds like you've got your head in the right place to I expect you'll have just as much success with maintaining as you did with losing.

I hit my goal 3 days before Christmas last year, so tomorrow is my 1 year anniversary. I was nervous about it happening around the holidays, that I would fall off the wagon - but my mindset has totally changed, and it wasn't a problem at all. Enjoy your extra few calories this week!
  • ferocityturbine
    ferocityturbine Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Aww thanks for all the responses, support and friend requests! It's an exciting time. Whatever happens with Christmas this year, I am not going to let that affect my maintainence plan because it will certainly be something that comes around year after year so I'm going to have to learn to deal with it at some point.