UUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Options
PeachyKeene
PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
Why, Why, Why?! Why do I sabotage may weight loss on the weekends. Here I am yesterday morning 191.6, I was at 186 last Friday. I started both Saturday and Sunday with good intentions to follow my diet. Then we have a little pool party on Saturday and that night order pizza and cookies. Sunday they have donuts at our Sunday School class.I couldn't keep my hands off. I know I want to be fit, more than I want that pizza. cookies, or donuts. What am I doing to myself? How can I stop the weekend sabotage?

Replies

• skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I think there are many of us that allow ourselved to indulge on something not so healthy on the weekends. Dont beat your self up babycakes !
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH is right. I am so good during the week - what the heck happens on some weekends?!?! It's like, I'm good and then there's a trigger that says "screw it!!!!!"
    We had a 'baseball weekend' - seriously, beer and nachos?!?!? Shoot me now! I was so good Friday night and had a veggie burger - it seemed so wrong (yet so right to order that at a baseball stadium) then I saw the nachos. They were mine! My bf was great and he was nice enough to finish them when I said I was done (such a trooper)!
    Then Saturday game and I felt ok in the morning. We went to lunch before the game and I ate OK but was starving because I didn't have breakfast (A big NO NO). I must not have eaten enough because it was beer at the game and pizza after.
    I know there are alternatives to the crap I eat on the weekends - Go me for the veggie burger - but it's so hard to be good when I sometimes talk myself into the bad food (especially when I do my long workouts in the morning).
    We are our own worst enemies - I know I'm mine!
  • NanBar
    NanBar Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    say no to eating crap.
  • tiger7171
    tiger7171 Posts: 17
    Options
    yes weekends are very hard to control. always on the run. i just try to not too eat as much. i will eat 2 donuts not 4 or 5 . pizza i will eat 2 slices instead of 4. i also dont get my water intake on weekends. i am trying harder to make that a goal of mine on weekends .
  • traceysturn
    traceysturn Posts: 196
    Options
    DITTO! I struggle every weekend! Atleast you're not alone!!
  • hayleyxxwxx
    hayleyxxwxx Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Step away from the cakes!!!
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    First off, that is not all a fat gain if you indulge over a weekend. It's sodium/weight retention from processed foods. Don't stress! It's easily fixed with lots of water, fresh fruits and veggies.

To avoid this feeling in the future, ALLOW yourself one "cheat day" with a "cheat MEAL". It's all about moderation. You can still have a slice of pizza or a cookie but limit your portions! ONE of each assuming you ate balanced throughout the day.
    If you stay within your mfp calories (or even a little over) you will not erase any progress.You probably feel deprived and therefore binge once you see the foods you've avoided.

You have lost over 30 pounds! You have the tools and the drive to succeed...just find that balance!
  • almostfaceman
    Options
    Gotta make a plan for the weekends and stick to it - trust me I've learned the hard way.
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should try to burn more calories on the weekends when you know temptation will find you. For every calories of "naughty" food you eat, work-out for 30 minutes. It might not equal exactly what you ate, but it's a start.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I look at it this way; 20 minutes on the elliptical per slice of pizza, and 6 minutes per beer.
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    don't beat yourself up! However, it concerns me that you use the word "diet" is this a diet to lose weight or a diet as in a healthy diet for life? Diets do not work! (in the long run anyway) I'll see if I can find the plan I started on (it's baby steps to cutting out junk food and healthier eating) If i find it I'll forward it to you.
    I know what you mean about wanting to be healthy more than wanting the food if you aren't being successful at acting on that desire than maybe that's something you need to take a deeper look at. I currently am batteling with the idea of cutting processed sugar completely out of my diet. (my mom just did and she says she feels great) I haven't made the decision yet, but I think it might be a good life choice for me because when I eat a little then within a week or 2 I am eating it everyday. We are all in this together, and yes you had a bad weekend but look at your little scale thing, you've lost 33lbs you must be doing something right! You look great! :)
  • Buddie616
    Buddie616 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I give myself a free day, however, when i have my free day I DO NOT go over on my calories. Eat just one donut fill the craving and 2 slices of pizza. It is hard... YOU CAN DO IT!
  • prtykekedd
    prtykekedd Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I agree don't beat yourself up! Have a little talk with yourself before you go places and tell people what you are trying to do so they can support you and help you meet your goal. You have to surround yourself with supportive peope.
  • calebespnsmommie
    calebespnsmommie Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I think this weekend was a bad day for everyone! I know Sunday I went to a babyshower and had somethings that werent so good for me either. Every once and a while I think you are entitled to have a "bad" day. Just remember tomorrow is another day, and the weight loss you have made already :) Maybe try taking a snack with you to church like fruit or something or try chewing some gum, I know the gum chewing and drinking water helps me sometimes. Dont be to hard on yourself, your only human. Things will get better! Good luck on the rest of your weight loss!! :):)
  • falonjohle
    falonjohle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    i know the feeling.. this past weekend was a total train wreck for me...
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    If you are going somewhere you know will be serving food you can fill up on a salad first or before you go. Maybe move your goal to "maintain current weight" on the weekends. Dirnk buttloads more water to flush the sodium and stop stressing. This is a lifestyle change,not a diet!:flowerforyou:
  • sla0814
    sla0814 Posts: 240
    Options
    This is a lifestyle change so you are allowed to have pizza or donuts but it's all in moderation :). A suggestion for church is by eating a sufficient filling breakfast before you get there so you're not tempted by those dang donuts! Another suggestion is if you know that Saturday night will be filled with every indulgence under the sun, make sure to eat a filling snack (almonds, banana, etc.) before you surround yourself in that environment. That way you wont be starving and be less likely to binge eat on not so good for you foods.

Hey I ALWAYS struggle on the weekends (especially in the summer) however I'm starting to realizing, like you, that I don't want sabotage all my hard work on the weekdays to gain it all back on the weekends.

You can do this!

God bless
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    First off, that is not all a fat gain if you indulge over a weekend. It's sodium/weight retention from processed foods. Don't stress! It's easily fixed with lots of water, fresh fruits and veggies.

To avoid this feeling in the future, ALLOW yourself one "cheat day" with a "cheat MEAL". It's all about moderation. You can still have a slice of pizza or a cookie but limit your portions! ONE of each assuming you ate balanced throughout the day.
    If you stay within your mfp calories (or even a little over) you will not erase any progress.You probably feel deprived and therefore binge once you see the foods you've avoided.

You have lost over 30 pounds! You have the tools and the drive to succeed...just find that balance!

i'm a big fan of cheat meals! (once or 2x a week) for me the challenge is to make it a MEAL not a day. What I try and do to moderate how much I'm eating is I make a plate of what I can "afford" too eat and then I give the rest away or put it in the fridge BEFORE eating the portion I allowed myself. (but i'm not perfect at this either)

Sorry if I sound "know it all" on any of this, it's more me reminding myself to do all of the things I am saying than commanding you to do it. You'll figure out what works for you! :)
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Why, Why, Why?! Why do I sabotage may weight loss on the weekends. Here I am yesterday morning 191.6, I was at 186 last Friday. I started both Saturday and Sunday with good intentions to follow my diet. Then we have a little pool party on Saturday and that night order pizza and cookies. Sunday they have donuts at our Sunday School class.I couldn't keep my hands off. I know I want to be fit, more than I want that pizza. cookies, or donuts. What am I doing to myself? How can I stop the weekend sabotage?

unless u ate all the donuts and the whole pizza, its probably water weight. dont beat yourself up, weekends are fun. just work on cutting back a little on the weekends. maybe not donuts and cookies, just cookies or vice versa..but im sure most off that is water weight.
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Latoya you might right, I did have a lot of sodium and not much water of the weekend, it may be a lot of water.

Emily I consider no matter what you eat it is your diet. Not a diet plan, I just have a diet of limited processed foods, only limited sodium, limited carbs and such. It is my plan to stick to this way of living the rest of my life, or the majority of.

Thanks everyone for your comments, sometimes you need to be reminded it is okay to mess up, and get back to health eating asap. Or make better plans to avoid the overindulgence.