Nutritionix

Options
If you read my previous forum about the Newks nutrition, I noticed it was updated only on Nutritionix and not the Google Newks menu nutrition. Is Nutritionix accurate and I shouldn't believe the high calorie changes or just still go by the one on Google? I'm so confuse I use the calculator and there is no way I'm eating 800 calories for a salad when I order the low calorie options.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Stick to one calculator. All the numbers you see in every one are just estimates and if you are not reaching your goal then adjust your numbers.
  • loserzack
    loserzack Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    stick to one only.
  • BlackPantherChick123
    Options
    I'll probably stick to the Google Newks nutrition menu because in my opinion, Nutritonix doesn't make any since to me when they updated it. It's gotta be wrong because all the other nutrition info on other apps are the same as before. Nutritonix doubled the calories and it has to be wrong.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    E-mail the company and ask?
  • BlackPantherChick123
    Options
    Newks or Nutritionix?
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    The company producing the product.
  • BlackPantherChick123
    Options
    Worth the shot. I know the info is still the same on other apps and online nutrition facts except for Nutritionix.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    I googled Nutritonix and I got MLM scam.
  • BlackPantherChick123
    Options
    I emailed Nutritionix about the changes and they will let me know something.
  • BlackPantherChick123
    Options
    Or was that a bad idea?
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    Or was that a bad idea?

Why would it be a bad idea? You are asking for clarification. Maybe they had a glitch in their system, maybe the calories actually did change, so you need to account for that. Who knows? You want answers, asking is probably a good place to start.
  • BlackPantherChick123
    Options
    It's true...everything is higher in calories...my Newks obsession has now died down...
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    It's true...everything is higher in calories...my Newks obsession has now died down...

Did they explain why the sudden change?
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I've seen a few Newk's pop up but have never been, so I tried pulling up their nutrition calculator and picked a random salad. There's something wrong with the calculator. The salad with no dressing was 600 calories; with balsamic vinaigrette added, it was over 1800. With 1200 calories of dressing, it'd be more like soup...

ETA: And for fun, they have a side of mac and cheese listed as 49oz, which is 2387 calories.
  • BlackPantherChick123
    Options
    I'm guessing more butter, oil, sugar all the bad stuff. My salad is over 800 calories! For a salad with the lightest dressing and protein (shrimp). It use to be like 300 and I would even treat myself with a brownie which was 308. I use to eat Newks everyday and now I feel like I can't anymore because of the super high changes. I would order a salad and load it up with cheese and croutons and that could be over 1000 in a meal but that would be my only meal for the day because it takes me a long time to eat it. It also fills me up. I'm very unhappy with the changes.