Anyone starting Stronglifts?

Options
2»

Replies

• klove808
    klove808 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Semi starting but only have free weights ATM. And gyms are super gross to me so won't do that..... Just gonna do what I can til I get a bar.
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    @cherrybomb333 that is excellent progress - so glad you are enjoying it! I have done 9 weeks, lifting consistently 3 times a week, and running NR alongside it. I love these programmes - I love the fact that they are progressive, that they are working with appropriate weights FOR ME, and that they are not too complicated. I've done programmes before where I spend half my session just trying to remember what I am supposed to do, whereas SL etc is as simple and effective as it gets.

The thing I like about this, is that as well as being progressive, it is sustainable - many of the lifting ladies on here have been doing so for several years, all still progressing, all still enjoying it, and all still seeing kicka $ $ results. I'm looking forward to what the next 12 months brings me in terms of my fitness and strength. I never felt like that with cardio etc unless I was training for a specific goal, eg a marathon.

Keep up the good work!
  • MelissaH0910
    MelissaH0910 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I was 3 months in to Stronglifts & loving it when I got sidelined by a herniated disc in my neck. I've finished physical therapy & have been cleared to start lifting with light weights again, but I've been struggling with the motivation to actually DO it. Maybe this thread is the kick in the butt I need to get going again.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    Options
    I've been doing strong lifts 5x5x for 3 weeks & a half now .3 days I lift per-week the other two days are a little cardio..
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Just started. Feel it would be a nice supplement to my mma training and help cut weight for my competition this spring.
  • susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Starting back at it next week. Stopped doing it when I got pregnant but looking forward to getting my strength back :smiley: