I NEED SOME BELLY BUSTING TIPS & IDEAS!!

Options
Ok, so I have been on MFP for 5 weeks and started my workout journey 5 weeks ago. I've lost 10.8 pounds and 17 inches. I'm 5'1" and 22 years old. I started at 200.6 pounds, so I definitely have some major weight to loose. Well, my 10lbs I feel like have all come off of my butt region and shoulders and arms. The only place I haven't seemed to decrease much is my love handles and stomach ... I've lost 2 inches total from my abdominal region, but I really want to pick up the pace! I play tennis maybe 1 or 2 times a week, go to Zumba a couple times a week, and maybe take an hour walk or so one or two nights a week.

I am getting married in 4 months, and I really want to have a narrow waist, or at least loose the love handles... anyone have any good tips/tricks/workouts to eliminate that belly fat faster?

Replies

• skinnydaydreams
    Options
    Congrats with your marriage !
    You can't choose where to lose fat. Your body does it. So it is very difficult to lose fat from your belly when your body doesn't want that. You can do youtube-workouts to tone your abs and stuff like that
  • jenkins1103
    jenkins1103 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    The plank is always good for the belly region..you can always do crunches...Lunges are good for the legs and belly region (when done properly).. Keep it up
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Try cutting your sugar down a bit. I started watching my sugars closer (even from fruit) and it really helped! Pilates is great for core toning too. I have 3 kids, so I def struggle with my waist too! :) Good luck!!
  • kitkat536
    kitkat536 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Cardio! Getting your heart rate up burns stomach fat! I learned this the hard way. I have AWESOME abs that are hiding under a layer of mush. I personally have started doing more ab work and also more cardio. I'm seeing results.

Start rollerblading, running, cycling, swimming, etc. Keep up the zumba because I lost inches with zumba too!

My ab exercises focus the sides of my tummy too. I hold a 25lb dumbell and lean to the side. It works your outer core which will improve posture. Don't forget about your lower back muscles too. If they are weak, you can't hold your back up and show of those wonderful abs you will have soon!

Best of luck!! Don't give up!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    planks, bird dogs, crunches, lunges, squats, jumping jacks, burpies, hill climbers, bike crunches, you name it...and cardio...
  • VICKY_83
    VICKY_83 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi ya, I found wearing a slimming belt works as it makes you sweat more round ya belly I use one myself when I am doing my aerobics It does work..x
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    It's no secret... Nutrition is the key to a flat belly... You can do all the sit ups in the world 10x over... our abs will not show if we still have some fat cells on there... :(
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I have been on MFP for 5 weeks and started my workout journey 5 weeks ago. I've lost 10.8 pounds and 17 inches. I'm 5'1" and 22 years old. I started at 200.6 pounds, so I definitely have some major weight to loose. Well, my 10lbs I feel like have all come off of my butt region and shoulders and arms. The only place I haven't seemed to decrease much is my love handles and stomach ... I've lost 2 inches total from my abdominal region, but I really want to pick up the pace! I play tennis maybe 1 or 2 times a week, go to Zumba a couple times a week, and maybe take an hour walk or so one or two nights a week.

I am getting married in 4 months, and I really want to have a narrow waist, or at least loose the love handles... anyone have any good tips/tricks/workouts to eliminate that belly fat faster?

Try the Jillian Michaels 6week 6 pack.... it's a killer but it certainly helps squash that belly fat and get those abs rock hard... I am only on week 2 but can totally see a difference :-)
  • JLopez
    JLopez Posts: 20
    Options
    Exercise TV has a workout plan for brides to be: 30 days 'til "I Do". It combines cardio with weight training.
  • jods721
    jods721 Posts: 2
    Options
    I started my weight loss journey in January and I would highly recommend the Slim in 6 workout. I"ve lost almost 10 inches off my waist alone since January plus almost 6 from my hips. It's a great workout and it really gets your heart rate up, tones your muscles and firms up the places that need it. I've seen quite a difference in my stomach area since I started using it to aid my weight loss, in addition to the healthy eating.

3867669.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Nothing will spot reduce.

The only way to lose weight is overall and the two things that will help that are CARDIO and PROPER DIET, nothing more, doing ab workouts/core workouts will help strengthen and build muscle but building muscle does not directly lose the fat that is on top of the muscle. If anything it actually makes your stomach/gut/spare tire look bigger not smaller.

Focus on a more intense cardio routine and clean up your diet more.
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    Options

The only way to lose weight is overall and the two things that will help that are CARDIO and PROPER DIET, nothing more, doing ab workouts/core workouts will help strengthen and build muscle but building muscle does not directly lose the fat that is on top of the muscle. If anything it actually makes your stomach/gut/spare tire look bigger not smaller.

this makes sense... I've been wanting ot start a spinning class at my gym, perhaps I'll get that started this week!!

thanks everyone!!!
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options

this makes sense... I've been wanting ot start a spinning class at my gym, perhaps I'll get that started this week!!

thanks everyone!!!

Its true that you can't spot reduce fat. but the jillian michael 6wk 6 pack is a form of circuit training. she combines cardio with weights and ab workouts. if you want to lose the weight and put muscle on this is the best way to do it.. and it keeps your muscle lean (best for women) she also has a trouble zone dvd targets butt, thighs, arms, and abs... .. I am a big fan of Jillian she helped me to shed 30lbs in about 5 months, along with diet changes... hope whatever you decide on workouts for you :-) and congrats on the wedding!!
  • Sociallysavvyva
    Sociallysavvyva Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Definitely clean up your eating habits and get in in cardio with some core exercises. I just posted some information on my blog regarding this yesterday, feel free to take a look http://mdfitchic.blogspot.com