Out of control

Options
Rurufit
Rurufit Posts: 44 Member
edited December 2015 in Motivation and Support
I am very disappointed to say that i have gained 4 lbs :( for12 days i have been feeling low and eating like crazy.. with almost 10 pounds left for my goal weight i screwed up and now i have even more pounds to lose. i am so scared that i will never be able to maintain my weight :( i feel like quitting and in a desperate need for help.

Replies

• 100df
    100df Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    It's good that you are recognizing you are out of control before you gained everything back. That's something good!

Get back on track the next time you eat. There's only a little more than a week before lots and lots of people will be on the diet and fitness track. It will be easier then. That's what I keep telling myself. My normal routine doesn't include numerous eating opportunities a day like the last month has been.
  • smelbo
    smelbo Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Don't quit, you won't feel any better, just more disappointed. I know no one who is on track all of the time. It's called being human. Forgive yourself.
  • dramamama06
    dramamama06 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Don't quit.. And also forgive yourself.. You CAN do this!!! Friend me
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    How many caolries were you eating per day before you "screwed up"? You shouldn't have to feel bad or even "forgive yourself", it's natural to eat when you're hungry or feel deprived. Aim for the smallest effective calorie deficit, and don't cut out anything you like, just eat a little less and have treats more occasionally. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Going "on" and "off" diets" is exhausting. Eat for life, and start now.
  • hancdon
    hancdon Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm no physiologist, but I believe what you are going through is common this time of year. First thing to remember is that stressing is only going too make it worse. I would go back and look at your success that you have had and try to reestablish your good habits that you had up too this point. The good thing is you've done it before and you know what it takes. Believe in yourself and get back on track, we all have set backs that is part of life. Good luck. You will be fine.
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    Did you eat about a 1000 calories surplus every day for 2 weeks? That seems almost impossible to gain 4 lbs in less than 2 weeks. More likely you are bloated and it's mostly water weight. Try to get back on track and weigh yourself again in a few days.
  • piperjosie
    piperjosie Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    susan100df wrote: »
    It's good that you are recognizing you are out of control before you gained everything back. That's something good!

Get back on track the next time you eat. There's only a little more than a week before lots and lots of people will be on the diet and fitness track. It will be easier then. That's what I keep telling myself. My normal routine doesn't include numerous eating opportunities a day like the last month has been.

^^This! I am struggling with this time of year because it is so focused on food. Recognize what you are doing differently from your previous holidays. For me, it was permission to mindlessly eat anything and everything from Halloween until the new year when I would promise to "start my diet."
    I still find myself eating more than I need, according to my calories, but I log it the best I can, so it isn't mindless. I am also following my life exercise routine. The discipline of logging and regular workouts will be a great asset once the rest of the world joins us in January and resolves to "get healthy." We are already ahead of the game because we have made the lifestyle changes.

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    jaga13 wrote: »
    Did you eat about a 1000 calories surplus every day for 2 weeks? That seems almost impossible to gain 4 lbs in less than 2 weeks. More likely you are bloated and it's mostly water weight. Try to get back on track and weigh yourself again in a few days.

This. I'm up about 10lbs, and I know it's a combination of a lot of things. I might have put on some actual weight due to some excesses, but for the most part, it's water. Realize that the scale can have dramatic swings (I can go up 5lbs in a day easily after a day of big meals or high salt foods), and keep eating in a deficit. Patience is the key to success. And try to not let the scale affect your mood (it's hard, I know).
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Good News! Today is a new day and YOU GET A DO OVER! :smiley:

Just put the past behind you. Set a resonable, tiny, totally reachable goal for today and when you get to that goal, throw yourself a little paryt!

That's all. You don't have to be perfect. You don't have to do it all. Set yourself up for a win.

And then do it again tomorrow.

You will reach your goal by slowly adding up a million tiny wins!
  • lesliewalker108
    lesliewalker108 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm on the same boat. with all the holidays and all it was very difficult to continue with fitness pal. Christmas parties at work and My mom passing away on Halloween. I gained about 2 pounds back I will lose it and then some. My goal is about 14 more pounds then I will maintain.

• Rurufit
    Options
    jaga13 wrote: »

I probably did :/ im on track so far today. I hope all goes well :)
  • Rurufit
    Options
    Everyone thanks alot for your support. You all are amazing :)
  • Rurufit
    Options
    I'm on the same boat. with all the holidays and all it was very difficult to continue with fitness pal. Christmas parties at work and My mom passing away on Halloween. I gained about 2 pounds back I will lose it and then some. My goal is about 14 more pounds then I will maintain.

im so sorry for your loss. Thank you for posting a reply when i am the one who should be supporting you in what you are going through.
    I too have 14 pounds to go. We got this :)

• welshchick666
    welshchick666 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Don't give up it will be so much harder to start again
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Check out the Maintenance boards. When I was 15 pounds from my goal I starting reading what people on there had to say, to better prepare myself. There's also a thread on here called The Last 5 pounds, and we discuss the issues around the last 5 pounds, which could better be called The Longest Mile. Lots of frustrations and angst in the last 5-10 pounds. Also, lots of sabotage. It's very interesting as well. You're close and just need to keep doing what you were doing before.

One thing I've done this December, since I have a horrible sweet tooth and yummy food is all around, is that any day I pig out on candy at work I ride my stationary bike for an hour to try to burn most, or all, of those extra calories off. I didn't want to do that, but I'm starting to enjoy my ride when I watch the news on TV. It got my head back in the game.