Setting a goal

Options
How do I go about setting a goal for myself besides weight? I want to gain weight, but I want it to be healthy weight.
Since I don't have a lot of obvious changes that will happen to my body, how do I set a goal? What could my goal be? And how long should I set my goal?
I've never been active or done this before, so I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm only wanting to gain 15 pounds.

Replies

• boomshakalaka911
    boomshakalaka911 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Not really sure I understand what you're asking.

You want to gain 15 lbs of lean mass?Thats your goal.
  • coachfeliciad
    coachfeliciad Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! Here are some tips on how to gain lean mass. Eat 5 to 8 times a day; every 2 to 4 hours. Make sure you're including a lean protein and a healthy fat every meal. Weight train at least 3 days a week. No you won't get bulky but muscle burns calories so the more muscle you have the more calories you'll burn. Add in cardio at least 3 times a week. Alternate this with weight training. Like Monday, weights; Tuesday, cardio and so on. And don't stress. Just focus on making these small changes daily and the results will come. Good luck girl and happy holidays!
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Go over to the Fitness folder and start reading there about weight training. If you start a program like Stronglifts you'll start to gain muscle mass and gain weight if you eat more. I'm a newbie at lifting and am still losing, but am close to goal weight and my weight program is getting more important to me. There are lots of programs out there.