Unhealthy relationship with food

Options
I have a problem and don't know how to stop. Many times I'll eat something (say if I'm craving Chinese food...that seems to be my trigger)
Will eat a moderate amount....feel guilty then make my self throw it up...feel horrible for the rest of the day
What should I do ???:-(

Replies

• ActuarialChef
    ActuarialChef Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Hi Terri,

You should see a doctor and talk to him or her about disordered eating. You may also need to make an appointment with a psychologist specializing in eating disorders.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Go see your doctor and get some professional help. What you are describing are warning signs of very serious (potentially life threatening) problems. You can beat this, but you need help. I think it's very brave of you to put yourself out there like this <3
  • Terri2874
    Terri2874 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    ❤️❤️❤️thank you
    I think I really need to avoid eating out anywhere for awhile.
    I don't feel this way when I eat at home (most of the time )
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    You need to seek out some professional help to sort this out. Avoiding restaurants might fix the problem for a little while, but it isn't getting to the heart of the problem. What you're describing isn't something that you should have to tackle alone. There are people who can help.

http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1575987-eating-disorder-resources
  • annie_37
    annie_37 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Please seek professional help with someone who specializes in eating disorders. No one here is equipped to help you. Good for you for reaching out!!
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else said, professional help. Unfortunately, no one here is equipped to handle this situation.
  • abetterluke
    abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Isn't that bulimia?
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Terri, it is very good you recognize that this is a problem and your next step, although scary, will be to contact a professional. This is an unhealthy relationship with food you have developed (been there, and I currently am still there and hoping to improve and working towards improvement) - getting professional help is your next needed help.