Fibromyalgia and Fitness

Options
Any tips on exercises that I can do that will not result in debilitating pain and fibro flares?

Replies

• tenkides
    tenkides Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Water walking
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Yeah, only thing I can think of are low stress exercise routines. Swimming would be great or exercises in water using hand paddles for resistance.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    i started aerial yoga but restorative yoga can help keep you "loose" too
  • TheLittleFangs
    TheLittleFangs Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi all I'm keeping an eye on this thread. Although I've had debilitating pain for months, I was diagnosed on 30th November. It's alien to me this body. This runner who was planning a Tough Mudder in January. I had a hospital stay recently I was literally trapped on my bed on waking by pain that hit 11 every milometer I moved. I'm ashamed to say I passed some urine from the severity of it. Then I was weighed and had hit 13st 13lbs... almost 200 lbs.... over 24 lbs since diagnosis. My Dr assures me it's not ' real' and it's the severity of the inflammation. I'm seeing the weight management nurse tomorrow and am trying a water based ' osteo fit' first thing (9.30 am should be fun....I barely move before 11. rapidly is searching for restoritave yoga the pp mentioned)

xxx good luck all
  • Sabreekoonce
    Sabreekoonce Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello! I did not notice all of the replies until just now. Thank you all! I used to do aquacise water areobics but it has become more difficult due to the season. I will try to fit some yoga into my routine. I appreciate the help!
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    @Sabreekoonce Take a look on youtube for "gentle chair yoga". It's very slow, and as the name implies, you do most of it while seated.

Also, to get notified when someone posts here (or any thread you want to follow) click on the little star at the right (across from the thread title). Then when there's a new post on one of your starred threads, the little bell shape up at the top of the Message Boards pages will be highlighted and have a number. Click on that to get links to updates.