fish talapia

Options
hokagenoob
hokagenoob Posts: 78 Member
edited December 2015 in Food and Nutrition
I usually cook these in the oven with some garlic salt and some black pepper.
Any other tips of making these even 10x more delish?
What is ur meal with talapia fish like?

Replies

• _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    brush mayo/lemon juice(mixed together) and use some bread crumbs to cover the fish...bake and eat.
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    In a cast-iron pan with butter and garlic, and a sprinkle of pepper and onion powder on the fish.
  • fitnotfluffy
    fitnotfluffy Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I bake mine usually with some garlic powder, Himilayan Pink Salt, pepper and a bit of Parmesan cheese or with lemon juice and lemon pepper seasonings!
  • kvansteen
    kvansteen Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Simply organic has a fish taco mix that my whole family lLOVES!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I cook the tilapia at 350 degrees on a cedar plank with lemon juice, maple syrup and a cayenne pepper rub. Then I throw the tilapia away and eat the cedar plank. It makes the Tilapia much more delicious that way. :)

(As you may be able to tell, I'm not a fan of tilapia - my least favorite fish)
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Panko and parmesan cheese with a bit of smoked paprika. Lemon juice for dipping.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I make a little sauce with one tbs of Sugar free apricot preserve and 1tsp of spicy brown mustard and a touch of water/broth or wine - if available. This mix is enough to marinate two filet for few minutes; I sprinkle a little it of salt, pepper and paprika and I bake them (in the sauce) for 15-20 minutes at 375 or 380. I serve the fish with quinoa, rice, saute veggies or any other starch and a salad. Add the sauce to the fish or to the side dishes for added flavor. It is delicious, fast and low cal.
    By the way, you can use this sauce in the chicken breast and/or salmon.
  • scorpcookie
    scorpcookie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I like to put vinegar and BBQ spices on mine.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Cumin and Chili powder with some black pepper and a pinch of seasoning salt. Serve over white rice and some chopped veggies of your choice. Sometimes I'll add a couple tablespoons of mild verde sauce if I'm feeling weird.
  • motterotter
    motterotter Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Poach it in lemon water and butter
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Dip it in beaten egg and then dip it in Parmesan cheese and cook it in a frying pan with a little butter or other oil.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Brush just a little bit of olive oil on both sides, then coat with Parmesan cheese and bake it. Sooooo flippin good.....
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    grill or skillet with bacon and onion...yum
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    I prefer it spiced up heavy, and done in a frying pan with a little oil of choice. I like the texture better that way, and even with the oil included it's still super lean protein. We use talapia a lot for fish tacos, and since using it my wife and daughter always push for the talapia over anything else.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Broil tilapia in the oven for 3 minutes, flip and add the below mixture on top and broil until lightly brown (4ish minutes). So very good!

Topping: mix together a bit of mayo, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, butter, salt and pepper. Dinner is ready in 10 minutes!
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    busyPK wrote: »
    Broil tilapia in the oven for 3 minutes, flip and add the below mixture on top and broil until lightly brown (4ish minutes). So very good!

Topping: mix together a bit of mayo, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, butter, salt and pepper. Dinner is ready in 10 minutes!

Broiled would always be a better option to me than baking, at least for most fish. And even with that topping you describe talapia would still be an overall lean protein meal.
  • codsterlaing95
    codsterlaing95 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    In a cast-iron pan with butter and garlic, and a sprinkle of pepper and onion powder on the fish.

This. Mmmmmmm
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I love Old Bay on mine. I cook it on a frying pan medium heat about r minutes each side.
  • BekahC1980
    BekahC1980 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Lemon pepper with butter or Hawaiian marinade
  • abetterluke
    abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I love fish tilapia...and beef tilapia and pork tilapia. good stuff.

Yes I'm being an *kitten*.