Tea anyone?

Options
Hi everyone,
I drink tea just about everyday. Sometimes ear grey (usually with a little Stevia) and often herb tea such as mint, berry or ginger.
Anyone have any other fav teas?
I hear green tea is good for weigh loss? Is it really?

Replies

• fh1951
    fh1951 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I have 3 mugs of green tea every morning with breakfast: Bigelow green tea with pomegranate, Bigelow green tea with blueberry & acai, and Stash ginger peach green tea. I make all 3 mugs at the same time so I don't have to wait through three separate cool downs. I used to put some lemon juice and artificial sweetener in them but now I just drink them plain. I read somewhere that green tea has lots of antioxidants so I drink it for the health benefit; also it helps me stay hydrated. As far as helping with weight loss, it has 0 calories so it doesn't cause any gain. The only thing that actually results in weight loss is consuming fewer calories than your body uses each day...
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Yep! My boyfriend is from Sri Lanka and we went for a visit this summer. I got to visit a tea plantation in Nuwara Eliya - the tea from there is the best I've ever had! I'm currently enjoying a cup of black tea with fresh ginger, a bit of mint, and stevia. Lately I've been having a cup of tea with stevia or honey ( when I have the calories to spare) and ginger when I want something sweet. It's sweet enough to satisfy my sugar/candy cravings.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Green tea won't do anything for weight loss, but it has good antioxidants. I start my day with a green tea, then tend to drink lemongrass and ginger tea for the rest of the day. I love finding new and funky teas though, I currently have one that is a black tea with cinnamon, ginger, black pepper, chilli, orange pieces, pink pepper and orange petals.
  • xGracieGirlx
    xGracieGirlx Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    All I seem to drink is tea! Green tea, oolong, and peppermint are my go tos.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Irish Breakfast Tea every morning. I'm not sure I could function without it. :wink:
  • TrickyDisco
    TrickyDisco Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    Changed over to rooibos tea a few years ago and love it, it's naturally caffeine-free and very low tannin, a sweeter, light taste.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    PG Tips.
  • tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    There are some studies that say large amounts of green tea can help with weight loss but it won't do much. I'd say the biggest benefit is it cam help you from not snacking
  • ebonyroche
    ebonyroche Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Yes, love tea! I have Bigelow's green tea with mint and Mint plantation (black tea) mix 3 times a day
  • Pretty2Petite
    Pretty2Petite Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    :D green tea is life !
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Unless you're drinking tea as a replacement for juice or soda, it won't help with weight loss, but I certainly do love drinking it.
  • abetterluke
    abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Yep! My boyfriend is from Sri Lanka and we went for a visit this summer. I got to visit a tea plantation in Nuwara Eliya - the tea from there is the best I've ever had! I'm currently enjoying a cup of black tea with fresh ginger, a bit of mint, and stevia. Lately I've been having a cup of tea with stevia or honey ( when I have the calories to spare) and ginger when I want something sweet. It's sweet enough to satisfy my sugar/candy cravings.

Had a Sri Lankan co-worker for a short time and he brought some tea back with him. It was absolutely delicious.
  • drabbits2
    drabbits2 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    OMG-LOVE green tea. I drink it all day--hot, cold, tepid--any which way, but as far as I can tell, it does nothing official for weight loss. I put nothing in it, so it is zero calories and all the different varieties keep it interesting to be well hydrated, so that in itself is enough. Green tea has about 1/3 the caffeine of a similar amount of coffee (so I have read) and so it gives a little boost without the buzz or crash. I can tell you that if green tea indeed helped with weight loss I would not need to be on this board!!!! In the evenings I will brew a big huge mug of some interesting tea around 7pm and stop eating at that point, so that helps, but again--nothing official about the tea that promotes weight loss.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Tea every day. Helps get my water in, and it's cold out. Lately it's been vanilla flavoured. Green tea has antioxidants but it has no special weight loss properties.
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Great replies from everyone! Thanks!!!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Changed over to rooibos tea a few years ago and love it, it's naturally caffeine-free and very low tannin, a sweeter, light taste.

I don't drink much tea anymore, too my h prep for looseleaf compared to coffee, but rooibos was my favorite
  • ise311
    ise311 Posts: 107 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I've tried drinking green tea (no sugar added), but it's kind of 'on-off'. Really need to stick to drinking it at least 2 cups a day. Will see if this will aid to my weigh-loss goal.
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I love tea! My fav currently is a loose leaf white apricot peach tea. It's so delicious!
  • EauRouge1
    EauRouge1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'm a massive tea drinker, I've always got a mug on the go. Black tea, I like Lady Grey (bit stronger-tasting than Earl Grey). I don't like plain green tea much but I love the flavoured ones- green tea and pomegranate is my favourite, also green tea with cranberry.

But I agree, green tea does bog all for weight loss. It does keep you hydrated and has almost zero calories though.

I read somewhere that oolong is meant to help with weight loss but I don't think there's any science behind it and it tastes like camel dung anyway.
  • jlmarciniak
    jlmarciniak Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Twinnings Lemon and Ginger is my favorite!