A different kind of success

Options
Soo i feel i have to tell my story here because i feel my journey ended here. I was on here for about six mo always on boards complaining on how exercise fatigued me soo much.. One person even said go to the doctor. I counted calories like crazy...wieghed my food worked out religously. I was about a week into insanity and i felt like it really kicked my *kitten*...days following i became weak on my left side...not being able to walk or write....slurring speach. Turns out i had a brainstem lesion. I think the vigorous exercise only tipped it off....not the actual reason it happened. So its like i had a stroke. At 26. And i fell off my fitness pal. Lost all left side movement. Learning how to walk with a cane....gain any movement i can from my fingers to my toes. I recovered about 80 of my movement on my left side. Not being as mobile as i could be dieting went out the window and most exercises i cannot do i gained all my wieght back. With being sick all of 2015 i come back to kick 2016 *kitten*! I wont beable to do beast mode strength, run or let alone walk more than 20 min.I know its not your normal sucess story, but i had to push beyond my limits to gain wat movement i have today and that is a success. I had my last glory days here....so i begin 2016 here with a new chapter and say....wonderful to be back!!!

Replies

• MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Good to have you back lass. 2016 will be your year!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Wow you've really been through a lot...welcome back, and congratulations for all the victories you've already won!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. Has your physical therapist given you some exercises that you can do in a chair or in the floor/mat?
    With a good yoga or Pilates teacher you can do floor work I believe.
    May 2016 be a great year for you :star::star::star:
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Wishing you a super 2016
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Incredible come back! I wish you all the best for 2016 and beyond. If only we could choose our health. This is a reminder to cherish it if you have it, no matter what your age.
  • davidsanchezamezcua
    Options
    You are why i have determination to succeed. Thank you for sharing! :)
  • bebenevaeh
    bebenevaeh Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    Welcome back. Has your physical therapist given you some exercises that you can do in a chair or in the floor/mat?
    With a good yoga or Pilates teacher you can do floor work I believe.
    May 2016 be a great year for you :star::star::star:

Yes mam....i can do pretty basic stuff....planks knee push ups crunches n 2-3 lb wieghts
  • grace42d
    grace42d Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Fantastico! What a great success story. Happy Holidays and New Year. :)
  • MrsPharmes
    MrsPharmes Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I know actually what you went there. Im A wife and mom of 2 boys n I had a stroke also at 26. 2 years ago and guess what I came back even stronger. I'm so glad to hear your story and I'm hear to tell u to be encouraged and continue to exercise as much as you can. Happy Holidays
  • bebenevaeh
    bebenevaeh Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!
  • biattabrittani
    biattabrittani Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Good job sweetie! What a crazy ride. Bonne chance in 2016! #anewday
  • clin71funyika
    clin71funyika Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Good job :)
  • Imomw2016
    Imomw2016 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You're a fighter! Glad to have you back!
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    You inspire me. Welcome back and thank you!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • carriesheph
    carriesheph Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Awesome story and comeback. Welcome back!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!