Caffeine!!!

Options
MBentley79
MBentley79 Posts: 11 Member
edited December 2015 in Motivation and Support
Mountain Dew or sweet tea. That's all I want and the occasional water. I don't care for juices, milk, kool aid, or even flavored water. How do I kick this habit? I've tried pushing the water sev times but always fall short.

Replies

• The_Keto_Guy
    The_Keto_Guy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Welll caffiene isnt bad for your diet. It can serve as energy and an appetite suprecent. I personally use mio... No calorie water enhancer... The hve a caffeine option as well which is nice. Also mixing in the occasional energy drink isnt gonna kill you either. I prefer the white monster zero calorie one myself
  • GemFromJannah
    GemFromJannah Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Green tea! It has caffeine in it which boosts metabolism, also detox's body and has been proven to aid weight loss. Squeeze lemon into it or add honey to help it taste better. Or you can buy flavoured green tea. It helps me replace coffee
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Green tea! It has caffeine in it which boosts metabolism, also detox's body and has been proven to aid weight loss. Squeeze lemon into it or add honey to help it taste better. Or you can buy flavoured green tea. It helps me replace coffee

What exactly does it detox?

OP, you can either cut back little by little or find ways to work them into your calories. I cut back on regular soda to one can a day, then eventually switched to diet to save the calories. I don't drink coffee or tea, so it's my only source of caffeine.
  • Kyrenora
    Kyrenora Posts: 133 Member
    Options

Years back, I managed to lose 70lbs in less than a year. I attribute a lot of that to drinking about a pot of green tea every day. It replaced my coffee (which I drink with a LOT of light cream), it helped keep my stomach full, and it was a great way to avoid boredom snacking.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,707 Member
    Options
    Well no. That's what the makers/sellers want you to believe.
    Only a couple of ways to boost metabolic rate: higher intensity exercise or gain more muscle or weight in general.
    And "detoxing" is made up jargon by the diet industry trying to convince us that what we eat actually poisons us. Drinking a tea isn't going to remove anything that actually "toxic" to the body.
    Weight loss is about calorie deficit, regardless of how much green tea one drinks.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,707 Member
    Options
    Kyrenora wrote: »

Years back, I managed to lose 70lbs in less than a year. I attribute a lot of that to drinking about a pot of green tea every day. It replaced my coffee (which I drink with a LOT of light cream), it helped keep my stomach full, and it was a great way to avoid boredom snacking.
    In other words, you consumed less calories. If the tea helped that's great, but tea itself doesn't reduce weight unless a calorie deficit is instituted along with it.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• Kyrenora
    Kyrenora Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Kyrenora wrote: »

In other words, you consumed less calories. If the tea helped that's great, but tea itself doesn't reduce weight unless a calorie deficit is instituted along with it.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Exactly. I used the tea mainly as a replacement habit, which worked very well for me.
  • MBentley79
    MBentley79 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I've had a rough couple days. The holidays got me!! Getting back on track. I've tried green tea and don't like citrus but if I slowly add it to my diet I can and will adjust to the taste. I've already done it with apple cider vinegar. I can hardly taste it now.