40 and getting my weight back on track

Options
Hi,

I am new to myfitnesspal and very excited and scared to start on my new adventure in getting healthy. I am turning 40 in less than a week, and just found out that I have high cholesterol and high blood pressure. I guess it shouldn't have come as a shock, but it did scare me! I know I need to change my lifestyle so I can be around to see my children grow up and share the rest of my "golden years" with my husband. It is by no means an easy task, but when you are faced with a choice; change your habits or you my not be here much longer, it sure makes you look at yourself head-on!! So here I go.....Let the journey begin......

Replies

• jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place! Lots of info and support. The community is incredible. Welcome!!!
  • Syntax_Error
    Syntax_Error Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Good luck, making the choice for yourself rather than waiting until you're forced into it is a great step in the right direction.
  • AEB_WV
    AEB_WV Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you. This is a good place to be for support and tools that can help you achieve your goals!
  • ressa8
    ressa8 Posts: 60
    Options
    Thank-you!!
  • specialk365
    Options
    ive been on this programme for 3 months and lost 3 stone
  • specialk365
    Options
    ive been on this programme for 3 months and lost 3 stone
  • ressa8
    Options
    that's great!!
  • Iwalkbyfaith
    Options
    WELCOME!!!!:smile:
  • dawnmarieee
    dawnmarieee Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good for you....don't wait until you're in your 50s like I did to get healthy!
  • ressa8
    Options
    Looks like your doing great!! Keep up the good work!!