exercise bike

Options
Hi

I bought an exercise bike about 2 weeks ago and have used it everyday for 25 minutes at a vigorous pace, I am mainly always under my calorie goal by 1-200 calories. Is doing the exercise bike every day and keeping within the calorie goal enough to lose weight? and how long should i expect to see some results? or would I have to do weights/strength training as well to lose weight?

Thanks

Tracey

Replies

• Ladydi1982
    Ladydi1982 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    You will lose weight, however, if you only do cardio your body uses the muscle it has as fuel. Do some strength training as well to build your muscle (women can't get bulky w/o testosterone). Plus the more muscle you have, the faster you burn calories. Hope this helped. :flowerforyou:
  • Bumblebee26
    Bumblebee26 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    With bike riding(outside or machine) worry about cadence more then anything. 75-90rpm is great and will keep you in the range you need to burn fat. Good luck
  • coltennis
    coltennis Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It is all about the calories. Burn more than you eat and you loose weight. Working with weights should add muscle which helps step up your metabolism. My fitnesspal does a great job calculating it all for you.
  • Moriarty_697
    Moriarty_697 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    For me, keeping under the calorie goal is key. Exercise is also important but, without controlling the diet, you may wind up treading water. As for results, that really depends. You should be seeing them but, if you're not, don't get discouraged. The one thing I've learned about getting healthy is that it takes time.

Strength training is always a good thing but it's not absolutely required. The great thing about strength training is that building muscle consumes more calories and makes you fitter.

Personally, I'd say you are on the right track with the daily exercise and diet.