Anorexia

Options
For people that recovered from an ED: how much weight did you have to gain before your weight starts to even out and you start to maintain the weight? And how long did it take? I know there's not a definite answer because everyone is different, but I'm just curious

Replies

• hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    An anorexic who weighs 65 lbs will need to gain much more than one that weighed 85 lbs. A question to direct at your doctor as they can guide refeeding and appropriate maintenance ranges.
  • dkaluh64
    dkaluh64 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It also depends on their diet. You can not just start eating everything in sight. I would suggest starting them off with salads and high calorie/mass-gainer protein shakes for women/men. Then slowly start having them eat every 2-3 hours a meal or meal-replacement supplements
  • mince3892
    mince3892 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    There was a 8-9 kilogram difference between my normal (pre-anorexic) weight and the weight I got down to in the midst of my anorexia. It took me 7 months to lose it, and about 9 months to gain it back and look and feel normal again. I did a lot of bingeing though. You get so accustomed to feeling terrible and weak with anorexia. I feel like I have so much energy now I'm back to my healthy weight. I wish you well for your recovery. EDs are horrible and difficult to overcome, but worth the effort to be free.
  • starcollapsing
    starcollapsing Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    about 45 lbs I think, but I had to eat a lot for well over the amount of time it took to gain that weight to start to feel better at all. I started feeling a bit normal and happier again after a year of being weight restored and being super strict on eating every meal. I stopped gaining weight when I got to where my body likes, I still eat loads.