Frustrated!!

Options
I have been doing the Insanity program for just over a week and haven't noticed a difference in the way my clothes fit at all. I thought for sure, with how intense the workouts are, that I would see a difference by now. Plus, I pulled a muscle in my back today, so I only completed half my workout, which might be why I'm so discouraged today.

Other than that, I'm excited to try to get past my broken thyroid and lose some weight!

Replies

• themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    you have only been doing it a little over a week. Hang in there, I am sure you will see a difference. Hope your back is ok and heals quickly, hurting yourself can be discouraging......
  • vallejos6
    vallejos6 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm an Insanity grad and I'll tell you my experience. The first month I did a lot of down a pound, up a pound and didn't feel like I was making any progress. The second month I started dropping about a pound a week, but with the effort I was putting out, I felt like it should be more. But, towards the end, i started noticing arm muscles I hadn't seen before and then I pulled out the tape measure and I had lost almost 4 inches from my hips and close to 2 from my waist, and my before and after pictures showed a significant change. Since I've completed the program and moved onto other exercises for the summer (I live in Alaska, so during the summer I literally live outside, so lots of hiking/jogging) my weight loss has really picked up. So, keep at it, it will give you results!
  • hmg82
    hmg82 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi there,

Don't be too hard on yourself to start with. After just one week your body will take a lot of adjusting particularly if you have been going mad with exercise. You'll see the changes, just keep with it. Make sure you rest your back though!
  • Ncjorgensen
    Options
    Thanks to you all! I really need the encouragement right now, and you have all certainly boosted my hopes.

Thank you for sharing your Insanity experience with me. I feel a little better, having a changed expectation. It's a work in progress and patience is not something I'm good at!