My weight goes up and down

Options
I have been doing so good up until a few weeks ago. My weight just goes up and down, up and down. I tried switching my foods and exercise up thinking that would get the scale to go down again, but its being very stubborn. Does anyone have any tips on what I should do to get them going down again?

Im so frustrated right now, because I'm trying so hard, but by the scale you couldn't tell

Replies

• Bub3les0
    Bub3les0 Posts: 47
    Options
    Mine is doing the same things so I am also interested :)
  • RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    You can't trick the scale.... just be patient, don't give up. As long as you keep your head in the game by watching what you eat and being active... you will "slim" down. Don't get overly frustrated, I feel the scales are out there to destroy human sanity, probably an invention created by a shrink. Don't make it a race and don't panic when you bottom out for a period of time. Weight will fluctuate, but just keep an eye on the big picture of being healthier and slimming down per se. Keep your chin up, you got this!
  • Blacksunshine27
    Options
    It is not always about the scale. Measure your inches and also how your clothes are fitting. One good tip that works but hard to keep to is no eating after 6. I struggle too and I'm up and down always but when I follow that rule with daily exercise I see a change. It's worth a shot. Best of luck to you.
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    It is not always about the scale. Measure your inches and also how your clothes are fitting. One good tip that works but hard to keep to is no eating after 6. I struggle too and I'm up and down always but when I follow that rule with daily exercise I see a change. It's worth a shot. Best of luck to you.

Agreed. Also, take pictures of yourself and compare them to old ones to remind yourself that you're still making progress even if the scale is wonky. Stick with it. It will work eventually.
  • _Bro
    _Bro Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Scales stink..
    My diet is a bit wacky but I have had weight changes of +7 or so pounds in a single day.

If they get in your head too much, try switching over to weighing once a week at the same time (first thing in the AM)
    The main thing is to keep going and don't give up! Head down, feet forward, scales out of your mind..
    Good luck!
  • Tiffanyluvsaaron
    Options

Thanks for That tip...I try already not to eat after 6..but sometimes thats a little hard with work and so forth...but I rarely eat after 8...maybe ill try harder for the 6 :smile:
  • dbgirl23
    dbgirl23 Posts: 32
    Options
    I don't know if you are doing this already but try weighing yourself the same day every week at the same time (before breakfast is the best time).
  • monkeysmum
    monkeysmum Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    i weigh daily but only mondays weight counts
    i find i gain from monday to weds only small amounts then steadily lose again im not losing huge amounts only 0.2lb this week but its still a loss and seeing the scale sgo up and down keeps me motivated i know not to throw my good day dieting just because the scales say ive gained alittle it will go again our weight is said to change with ana verage of 2.2lbs a day

weigh at the same time and dont take them too much to heart inch loss is a much better indicater of if your doing good ive lost alot more inches than weight and believe me that is a bette rmotivater than weight loss
  • Tiffanyluvsaaron
    Options
    i find i gain from monday to weds only small amounts then steadily lose again im not losing huge amounts only 0.2lb this week but its still a loss and seeing the scale sgo up and down keeps me motivated i know not to throw my good day dieting just because the scales say ive gained alittle it will go again our weight is said to change with ana verage of 2.2lbs a day

weigh at the same time and dont take them too much to heart inch loss is a much better indicater of if your doing good ive lost alot more inches than weight and believe me that is a bette rmotivater than weight loss
    Thanks :D...Ive lost 6 pants sizes and I know I look alot better than before..I guess I just need to Stay off the scales and only weigh in once a week
  • monkeysmum
    monkeysmum Posts: 522 Member
    Options

Thanks :D...Ive lost 6 pants sizes and I know I look alot better than before..I guess I just need to Stay off the scales and only weigh in once a week

maybe just only count what you weigh once a week 6 pant sizes is amazing and i bet make syou feel more motivated than the weight on scales ever could :)
  • Tiffanyluvsaaron
    Options

maybe just only count what you weigh once a week 6 pant sizes is amazing and i bet make syou feel more motivated than the weight on scales ever could :)